my new scorpions

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi

give them access to a water bowl, and some food, and they will look and be healthier within a week or two, they seem dehydrated if you ask me :(

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I told you George, we only get WC spinifers here.

There's even a possibility that they are not spinifers.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could they be H. longimanus?

Look at those pedipalps!

I am seriously considering this species.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Megalon,
I have a H. longimanus borneensis and it doesn't look like these scorps. We're still trying to determine if they are indeed longimanus or the other local H. petersii. The seller here doesn't want to disclose the country or province where it was collected so ID can be difficult. He insists that these are spinifers, but sold some of them as laoticus. A lot of hobbyists here made the mistake of mating these with their spinifers. They ended up dead because of fighting.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey, I think the chela and caprice are far too granulated to be laoticus. First thing that came to my mind was longimanius when I saw those claws. Those are some very nice scorps though hope you get the id soon.

It think that comparision of the 2 bumps behind the median eyes will help.
Ed

EDIT: Just looked around and I couldn't use the very distinct bumps on your scorps heads to help narrow it down. So if someone can't figure it out fore sure I think you would need close up of the caprice and chela... I love your new guys though, can't stop looking at tthe pics.

Last edited:

la_salle

Arachnopeon
thanks

thank for your comments and advice..

i have already give them some water..in a cap

they were so agressive..

and i also think that they were not a h.spinifer..

sometimes they've turn into green..:? :? :? :?

SimplengGarapal

Arachnopeon
These are indeed WC from the amount of dirt all over them. I myself was able to buy 2 of these and tried to breed them with Alakdan's female spinifer. At first they were doing the clinch but the female would immediately fight with the male. Also, according to Alakdan, these "spinifers" are really large specimens compared to his female spinifer.

la_salle

Arachnopeon
gravid?

is it possible that my 2 female are gravid?...:? :? :? :?

they don't eat to much..:? :? :?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We noticed tht these are still very stressed scorps. Let them settle in their new environment first.

la_salle

Arachnopeon
We noticed tht these are still very stressed scorps. Let them settle in their new environment first.
thanks for your suggestion..:worship: :worship: :worship:

i will let them take their privacy for a day..{D {D {D

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

where did you got those? i heard spinifers are communal....

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In comparison arn't P. Imperators & H. Spinifers very similar? The only thing that really differntiates them are physical features such as carapace, telson color, and chelae (And some more things). I remember when I first started I thought they were the same. But anyways can't they be kept in the same type of enclosure (not the same with P. Imperators), but same type?

la_salle

Arachnopeon
i dont really know what to do..

yeah.. i read in the caresheet that thay are communial scorpion..

but when i put them in the same a tank..they kill each other..

they want to sting and pinch their tank mate..

i wonder why?..

:? :razz: :? :razz: :? :razz: :?

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
errrr... i forgot what to call that, the "arms" seems quite long for a spinifer, thats why it may not be spinifer. and they have babies that are smaller than the "real spinifer" as what i have experienced.

btw my "unID 2nd instars" just molted to 3rd, and they seems to have a real long arms than my previous spinifers.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i dont believe on hybrids, each specie of heterometrus follows a "chemical stimuli" trail that they track down when looking for mates, ofcourse they can distinguish it from others on the ground, so keeping different species together may result on the "clutch" and "kissing" but will break off afterwards because they will know that they are of different race and will fight afterwards, one thing... love is blind but at close up they will know that they are on different specie. :D i bet love is near sighted... ;P

so maybe those so called spinifers on our country may be longimanus or a new specie waiting to be discovered... remember that Philippines has a lot of endemic species. who knows...

and another one... i think longimanus arent communual, i think ive read that somewhere... :wall: ill post it if i can find it later.

so if love is blind i would like to see a Heterometrus maculatus or an Isometrus spinifer... ;P

@ la_salle
yup im neo. :D
i bet your fond of smilies...
:D :razz: {D ;P :) :drool: :rolleyes: :clap: :cool: {D :p :} ;)

la_salle

Arachnopeon
hmm

so it could posibly a longimanus?

they are more a like than spinifers..i see some pics in the internet..

@kahoy..

what is your offer for a vinegaroon(adult)..

are you still looking for it?..