My new Red Claw / Pandinus Cavimanus that I got last week in its new home

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am super happy that I finally got this guy into a bigger enclosure lol.

My buddy picked it up last week for 10 bucks, I am not sure the sex, Ill post a pic of the bottom as well. But it was the biggest one out of its brood and for 10 bucks how can you pass it up. I wanna say 5i? I fed it the day I got it and it devoured the cricket.

I had it in a small KK for about a week while I was waiting for my exo terra to show up.

It finally showed up the other day and I moved it in, but the terrarium looked too plain so I spruced it up with a pothos plant and a standing dragon lol

It spent most of the first day/night hanging upside down cause I guess it can climb the fake background lol.

It finally went into hiding after I had to take it out for the 2nd time (basically 3 moves in 2 days poor guy :()to put in the plant and decor.

So far it walks around at night trying to climb the wall and still eats when I offer it food every time. Feeding 2-3 times a week depending on the cricket size. Right now it is hiding in its hole/hide.

Well anyways here are the pics:
The only Pic I have of it before I moved it to the Exo Terra from the KK.

Pics of the Enclosure:

Here is a shot of inside the hide, I scraped away at the coco fiber a little bit so that I could peak inside.

Here is a pic of the underbody if anyone could sex it that would be great.

Here are some pics of it hanging upside down from the first night, and most of the next day, this is before the decor of course.

Let me know what you guys think and if there are any tips of taking care of it, so far I am treating it the same as my Baby Emperor I have, temp and humidity wise. I have a heat pad and a 50W Ir light shining down on both enclosures as they are side by side and the temp says 80~, I dont trust the humidity gauge, but my substrate is moist along with a pothos plant in both enclosures for looks and to help with humidity.

I posted this on another forum too, but I am so stoked that I had to show it off some more :D

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Looks good, the only thing I would say as while most scorpions can climb even when they are not considered climbing species, P. cavimanus is not really and you may want to make sure that the top is not high enough for him to possibly fall and hurt himself. Looks really good though, looks like you are taking care of him/her.

It might be a female, it was hard to tell.;):)

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think the climbing is much of a problem, but he can always just remove the naturalistic background.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah the substrate is about 4-5inches and now that there are plants and decor those might 'break' its fall if he decides to climb again.

I noticed something moving in and around the pothos plant as I was misting the plant this morning, it looks like hes come out and is hiding under the plant now :p.

I didnt hear him trying to climb the wall, glass, or ceiling last night so I think I will be able to keep that background in, if it does become a problem I will remove it the next time I clean the enclosure.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
do you mean that naturalistic dragon or the naturalistic jar cap? :D
lol good one, hence the listic part :p

yeah I couldnt bring myself to pay 7 bucks for a medium-larger water bowl from the pet stores so I took a small/medium lid I found from a peanut butter jar and used that :p.

Hey man the dragon is cool yo :p

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rob- Did your buddy pick that up at the pet shop in the Mall in Van? If So I sexed most of the ones they had when I went in two weeks ago. A lot of males in the group.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Rob- Did your buddy pick that up at the pet shop in the Mall in Van? If So I sexed most of the ones they had when I went in two weeks ago. A lot of males in the group.
Yeah he did, I have gotten all my scorpions there, they seem alright whats your take? Then again I have only had mine for 2 months now. The red claw only a week and a half

He picked up the red claw the day they came in I guess, he said they were selling fast, they had 10 at the beginning then only 3 left at the end of the day. Last time I was in there they had a Asian Forest, 3 red claws, and that Olive flat rock which has been there forever.

I got mine on like the 2nd?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have a problem with them. i get my feeders there.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Same 13for a dollar is good lol
my red claw rarely goes in his hide he would rather hide in the pothos plant by the heat pad lol still trying to climb the walls at night

My emperor hides under the pothos in his enclosure as well

Normal right? Hiding is hiding for the most part right?