My new pokie enclosure.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had this one made as a prototype and will probably use it as a model to make future ones myself. This is my new pokie enclosure. It's 50 cm tall, 38 cm deep and 17 cm wide. I can't wait for the silicone holding the bark together to dry so i can move my mature female regalis in. That thing in the middle of the top views is the water dish and the plants are plastic. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a sweet looking enclosure!

One piece of advice to anyone that has never really done much with plexi cages. When your OCD kicks in and you have to clean poec poo off the glass, use the most softest rag you can find and keep the soap and junk to a minimum. And for the love of god, take your time cleaning and don't just start scrubbing. Plexi will start to dull if you just go in with a brush and scrub it down or you start scrubbing it like last nights chili bowl. Lexan is the only plexi that I have seen NOT do that super easy, but we would all be taking second mortgages out if we used that stuff.

But I like how you did the ventilation! I have the midget louver vents on the front of mine. I wish there was more cross ventilation in mine.

Joe

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Joe,

Maybe i'll get one of those little rags that people use to wipe their eyeglasses, I imagine those would be quite soft.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I spray down the area with distilled water and let it soften up the poo a bit first then use more water and cotton balls of my wife bwith tongs to gently dab and wipe the poo off... have never seen any dulling or scratches doing this as of yet :)

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I spray down the area with distilled water and let it soften up the poo a bit first then use more water and cotton balls of my wife bwith tongs to gently dab and wipe the poo off... have never seen any dulling or scratches doing this as of yet :)
I need to use distilled water next time! I get streaks, but I don't use soap and I soak the poo till its able to be wiped off.