My new pet mound...

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok here's the deal

I bought a New sub-adult B. Angustum 2 weeks ago, but since I got it all its done is barracade itself up in its hide so I can't see it. It's been out at night feeding( therefore no premoult ) , and using its water dish, because the mounds a different shape most mornings, and the crix are gone...

Is this what I'm in store for from this guy ? I bought it as a display T... Nice display !!!

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
maybe she just needs more time to get used to her new surroundings before she feels safe enough to stay out of her burrow. however, i also have one brachy (verdezi) that is a pet mound. never comes out of her hide except to drink or catch her prey. so good luck that yours only needs more time.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I trade you a pet hole for a pet mound.

It maybe settling in or size/age issue at smaller sizes they tend to be be reclusive, my A,genic, a species known for being good display ts, did not stay out in the open until it was abount 3+ inches in legspan. (my B.smithi tended to stay in its hide until it was about 3-4 also inches).

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Possibly. All T's are different, however, 2 weeks isn't a long time so you'll really need to give him more time to adjust to his new surroundings before you really get a sense of his personality and visibility. Also, T's "reclusivity" can change as they develop. I've had T's that were always visible take to a hide as they grew and vice versa. Just once of those things.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well it moulted last night. I hoping my pet mound days are over ! I can see through a small hole in " the mound " white fangs, on its back ! I think hunger may bring this little guy out !

Wish me luck !

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think everyone is right about size...my angustum just started coming out in the open a couple days ago and she is about 3-4 inches maybe in leg span