my new pede, S.h. castaneiceps!!!

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey, guys.. i've got a new centipede today from germany.

(his name is Tho**s Vin***n; thanks!)

it's Scolopendra heros castaneiceps in length of 8~10cm.

i upload some hot pictures which were taken today.

just have fun..! cheers!

-locke

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! I almost ordered some of those from him. He's got a pretty nice collection.

As do you!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
male cricket.. ^^;
not with that big old ovipositor, i don't think so

all crickets have two cerci on the end of their butt... but i am pretty sure only females have the third longer spike in the middle. i am pretty sure it is an ovipositor that the use to lay eggs with

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not with that big old ovipositor, i don't think so

all crickets have two cerci on the end of their butt... but i am pretty sure only females have the third longer spike in the middle. i am pretty sure it is an ovipositor that the use to lay eggs with
i have only a couple of hundred crickets and superworms. no grasshopper nor anything else... ;)

on that picture.. yes.. absolutely it seems like a spike for laying eggs of female cricket. and a male does not have such thing on the middle of its butt. but it's definitely adult cricket. i'm not sure it was a male or a female. it's just like a female on that picture.

ps: do you want to see these male crickets i feed for my centipedes? then i will upload some pictures for it.

Last edited:

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pics! Definitely a beautiful species and I'd love to get my hands on some!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have only a couple of hundred crickets and superworms. no grasshopper nor anything else... ;)

ps: do you want to see these male crickets i feed for my centipedes? then i will upload some pictures for it.
i am sure you are right that it is a cricket. i was commenting on the sex.

i would like to see pictures. they look different from the Acheta domestica, house crickets, that i have used in the past as feeders. yours look more interesting in color :)

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am sure you are right that it is a cricket. i was commenting on the sex.

i would like to see pictures. they look different from the Acheta domestica, house crickets, that i have used in the past as feeders. yours look more interesting in color :)
i have such crickets for their foods. just look at this and have fun with it. (i'm not sure this species is a local one in korea. i can buy it at any pet shop here)