My new P. Regalis communal tank

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is my smallest tank ever - 5.5gal! But you know what they say - good things come in small packages. I was advised by Talkenlate04 to house my three 2" P. Regalis slings in a smaller enclosure to aid in them learning to live communally...hopefully it works. He did warn me that I may end up with just one FAT T. :D

This is without the plant:

After adding the plant - finished enclosure:

Thanks...Rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Getting the P.Regalis's in a hour or so will post pics......rob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hope that is not to much space....... it looks nice though that is for sure. 3 2" spiders might be able to establish their own territory in that setup which is what you don't want to happen, but trial and error applies here I guess. I hope no one dies.
Did you ever find out if they have been living together before coming to you? I have not tried to raise them separate then put them back together when they are bigger. Keep us updated!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I hope that is not to much space....... it looks nice though that is for sure. 3 2" spiders might be able to establish their own territory in that setup which is what you don't want to happen, but trial and error applies here I guess. I hope no one dies.
Did you ever find out if they have been living together before coming to you? I have not tried to raise them separate then put them back together when they are bigger. Keep us updated!
God these things are fast, check-out the video of me making the mistake of trying to get the towel out og the vial then trying to put this T back in its quite funny:

Here is the video:

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/rbdTs/P Regalis/?action=view&current=PRegalis_06.flv

Here are some pics of the little guys:

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Next time you have a freaked out T under a cup, a piece of paper or cardboard slipped underneath will work wonders.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I think you might want to consider shrinking the size of their living space. You might have a big problem later if you don't.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Next time you have a freaked out T under a cup, a piece of paper or cardboard slipped underneath will work wonders.
I wanted it back in the vial.....I should have done it.....rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ya I think you might want to consider shrinking the size of their living space. You might have a big problem later if you don't.
Took your advice again since you're the Pokie King... :D
Here's their new (much smaller) enclosure...at least we can find them and see them in this one...they were lost in the bigger one. They're hiding near each other now and seem to be doing good... What should I be feeding them at this stage - small crickets? That's what I was planning on...

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go with it

I have done this several times, just keep them well fed and problems will be limmited. I keep them in groups of 10 myself in 5 gal. setups.
Sam

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive had better luck keeping groups in smaller enclosures so they use same hides and stay in almost constant contact.You may find that if 1 stays away from a group then he/she is likely to be killed.Ive also had better luck with P.formosa.Good luck hope it goes well

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive had better luck keeping groups in smaller enclosures so they use same hides and stay in almost constant contact.You may find that if 1 stays away from a group then he/she is likely to be killed.Ive also had better luck with P.formosa.Good luck hope it goes well
Thanks, I switched them from the 5 gal to the container and they are all tolerating eachother fairly welll.....rob

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been thinking about keeping some communal. Rob--did you find out if they had been living together before coming to you? I have 4 small 1" slings, which I was thinking about putting together, but I have no history on them.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've been thinking about keeping some communal. Rob--did you find out if they had been living together before coming to you? I have 4 small 1" slings, which I was thinking about putting together, but I have no history on them.
I am still waitingfor a response.......rob