my new.. OBT :D yay!

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some of you may know i wanted a p.marinus as i used to have one and they are awesome webbers and just awesome species.

so i have a sling obt which is cute and doing well but today i bought this.

this is the tub she/he was in... ok so here where i live tarantulas arnt kept in the best conditions, i now a few of you say if they have bad husbendry dont buy from them, and i do agree, its just i live in a small town with 2 reptile shops who only sell tarantulas every now and again, and most species are rare.. even the commen ones :p
so although i agree being kept in tubs like tis is bad, im glad to say the actual little guy is looking healthy :)

as you can see below...

:D he/she is about 3inches.

so there ya go ppl :)

..btw i updated my photo thread in tarantula pictures... :rolleyes:

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
update already:
she/he has started webbing already :D great... but she/he is webbing a hammok attached to the lid of the tank, shell i let her carry on for now or try and get her to web elswere because i wont be able to take the lid off and feed herif she webs up the lid..
so some advice please, i feel bad because obviosly she has JUST started settling in....

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice T!

There isn't really anything wrong with that container as an enclosure aside from it would be a ilttle dogy to use considering the species :p. I'd hate to startle my Obt with that kind of a container's lid off :p!

Post a ventral shot :)

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you can discourage her from webbing against the lid of the cage, that could make things easier for you in the future. Does she have a hide that she might be inspired to use instead? That sometimes helps.

Got a kick out of the label that says "Country of origin: Africa". Does that mean the current "Country of residence" is Europe?

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on your Orangey Awesomeness :D

I love, love, love my OBT, so I am happy for you :D

I would leave him alone today,and I will open the lid when it's time to eat. That way you disturb him, but at least he gets something :)

My OBT has a hide, and she webbed everything around the hide, and left the lid alone. Of course all OBTs are different and yours will probably web the hide and lid and everything else :D

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah i love how much they web, seriosly i had put her in her new tank for about 30 minutes and she had already started to web :D now she is just cuddled up in the top corner sitting on her web hammock, i think she may be getting ready to molt.

EVERY tarantula i have bought in the last 6 months my
pinktoe, suntiger,cobolt blue have molted the same week as i bought them, i think its the wether, so hopfully she will molt and then set up proper home :D
my baby obt has a new small tank and is webbing and eating well, i normally dont like keeping slings because they are a pain to feed baby crickets, but this one is doing great, sometimes she gets out and runs up my arms but mostly she is just busy growing up :D
maybe they will be male and female then when there old enough i will mate them! :D
oo cant wait