My new Gigantea Robusta Prolly the only 1 in CALI

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for sale approx 10inch specimen (female) photos below : asking $2,580.00.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE SEEN ONLINE IN MY HOLE LIFE!!!!

Nice try, wise boy!!!!

phil.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
moricollins said:
funny how his price is what 10X higher than he paid for it?
Because he simply doesn't give a damn about the hobby, he is only motivated by greed.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Evil Cheshire said:
Because he simply doesn't give a damn about the hobby, he is only motivated by greed.
I think he's just yanking our chain. Maybe he's a genius and this is scathing satire of the "hype" that pervades our community. Maybe he's an idiot who sees dollar signs with legs every time he walks by his cages. Whatever the case may be, if we stop giving him the attention he's desperately seeking, he'll go away... hopefully. Or learn. But usually, they just go away.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I might as well hijack this thread. As I expand my currently tiny collection of two centipedes, this species will be among the desired additions. Am I really going to be paying in the mid hundreds? I am seeking out some heros first, but that won't be the end.

It's going to be hard as hell to find too, isn't it? Excepting price gouging pede pirates, of course.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mister Internet said:
I think he's just yanking our chain. Maybe he's a genius and this is scathing satire of the "hype" that pervades our community. Maybe he's an idiot who sees dollar signs with legs every time he walks by his cages. Whatever the case may be, if we stop giving him the attention he's desperately seeking, he'll go away... hopefully. Or learn. But usually, they just go away.
With all due respect Mr. I, I don't believe that the first option is what he's going for. The whole genius thing is doubtful. Sociopath, maybe, but not genius.

Either way he's going to be getting no more attention from me, as he is on my ignore list.

Not to mention I'm going to stop replying to this thread, having thrown my two cents in.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
damn you guys are cynical, relax it was a joke? ha ha, joke. still want to buy her for 2500? ill drop it to 2399.99

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
crashergs said:
damn you guys are cynical, relax it was a joke? ha ha, joke. still want to buy her for 2500? ill drop it to 2399.99
nice try...nobody puts a FS ad up as a joke, it only causes people who read it initially to forever ignore it afterwards (and you know that species will get a lot of quick looks as it's not often for sale). Only an idiot would put up a FS ad for something they were trying to get rid of at a rediculous price...actually, I think an idiot is smarter than that {D

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
crashergs said:
no a joke about the 2500.00 not the 400.00

im serious about 400.00
Who are you trying to kid. ;) It's pretty obvious why you changed the price to make it appear as a joke. It's pretty obvious what your initial intentions were. Now what I really don't understand is why you felt proud enough to brag about having this pede which is fine but I think it's just silly since you aren't even keeping it. Did you buy it just so you can have bragging rights for all of one day?

Have to comment on this, "oh damn i forgot to put it in the penny saver and the recycler, you reminded me", I laughed at that. As if $400 is not a lot of money.

Last edited:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even for a gigantea... i've seen some go around for 250 Canadian dollars...

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i planned on re-selling her the moment i got it, and a lil thought ran down my spinal cord and said to breed, but after speaking to reputable breeders of reptiles whom they which unsuccessfully bred giganteas (angeli's reptiles) i changed my mind.

so im selling her for 400.00? am I flipping it to get 50.00? bet your ass i am, its my centipede, I bought her out right from someone else. I like how one reply creates a chain explosion with almost the same remarks and comments for the past 10 threads, its the same negativity, you didnt pay 350.00, its not your money you didnt have to work at my job to earn it. so enough with everyones lil cry baby attitude because it makes me laugh and giggle.

Its funny the people that have inputted their two cents in here and were one of those bashers, pmed me asking to lower the price to 375.00 and ship it overnight, if your really angry, stay up to your words and dont ask me to sell it to you, as YOU dont deserve it.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
so uhm...has it molted since you got it? Just trying to figure out why it's worth more now than when you got it. ;P Is it because it's been in your possession? Last I checked it's generally only celebrities that can raise the value of something because it was their's at one point...are you famous? :? I think a link to this thread should be embedded in the FS ad...just so people know they are being ripped off ;P I could see if it has molted and grown since you received it, the price increase could then be justified more...but flipping it to make more money, I don't think you'll be buying many pedes or anything from other forum members who have read this because it's obvious you're in it for the money rather than the personal interest. If you weren't, you'd sell it for the same price you paid...nothing gained, nothing lost. :embarrassed:

I wonder if I could post a FS ad and sell a link to this thread for 1 cent (with proceeds going to AB of course) and keep bumping/not bumping to have it hover around your FS ad :? Hmmm...

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
crashergs said:
i planned on re-selling her the moment i got it, and a lil thought ran down my spinal cord and said to breed, but after speaking to reputable breeders of reptiles whom they which unsuccessfully bred giganteas (angeli's reptiles) i changed my mind.

so im selling her for 400.00? am I flipping it to get 50.00? bet your ass i am, its my centipede, I bought her out right from someone else. I like how one reply creates a chain explosion with almost the same remarks and comments for the past 10 threads, its the same negativity, you didnt pay 350.00, its not your money you didnt have to work at my job to earn it. so enough with everyones lil cry baby attitude because it makes me laugh and giggle.

Its funny the people that have inputted their two cents in here and were one of those bashers, pmed me asking to lower the price to 375.00 and ship it overnight, if your really angry, stay up to your words and dont ask me to sell it to you, as YOU dont deserve it.
Who are you calling a cry baby? I don't really care what you decide to sell it for nor do I care that you blew that much on something. You already knew they were hard to breed, your old posts prove this. I just find it hilarious that you needed to show off your new pede and make such a big deal about it breeding it only to offer it for sale that same day.

You are very inconsistent with your story. You just said now, you decided to sell it the moment you received it. In the same post you said you spoke to people afterward realizing the difficulty in breeding it then decided to sell it, despite the fact you already should have known this given you created a thread discussing this. Earlier you said if you didn't find any other potential mates, you will ultimately sell it despite offering it for sale already. Get your story straight will ya. ;)

PS: Becareful with your comments. I know if it were me offering 300+ for your stuff, I would not appreciate you calling me out. :)

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dude just shut up, your making my eyes bleed. i didnt even read your whole reply because all i see is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

this thread is over

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
crashergs said:
dude just shut up, your making my eyes bleed. i didnt even read your whole reply because all i see is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

this thread is over
lmao...shouldn't have opened your mouth in the first place then :) I'll buy it for uh...$200, just to get it in good hands :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
oh, don't feel like bragging anymore that you have this "rare" centipede, whilst being in the middle of selling it?

I feel sorry for you, truly I do :rolleyes:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Crash, I am glad you continued to post in this thread. Rather than persisting, obscured, amid a cloud of seemingly shady business dealings, any doubt as to what you truly are, and how you truly feel about these animals and what's best for THEM is long since dispelled. Thank you for saving me and everyone else here, at least those of us who actually do eveything we can to avoid practices that would endanger the health of our animals, the trouble of pointing it out. While there is certainly nothing black & white WRONG with what you're doing, it is certianly ignorant at best and unethical at worst. I do wish you luck in completing your first and last sale here. *I* wouldn't buy a squirt gun from you if my underwear were on fire.