My new Gigantea Robusta Prolly the only 1 in CALI

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hehehehe... by the way ladies n gents it was silentmercury's gigantea, i tried to keep it discreet to protect silents identity, but didnt work :)

like ive mentioned to silent, im searching for a male, it will devour my wallet, but hopefully i will get one that will mate and start making some babies. this will be the turn of the century in the pede world if we can some how get breeders in u.s.

Do I believe there will be an increased availabilty in scolo.gigas? yes! i definately do, but again these bad boys arent cheap and silent whacked me with a big fine, but none the less, she is worth every dime and penny you work for.

Do I believe the prices will drop? probably not, until theres gigas between 300-100, then the cost/demand ratio will climb a bit, then start dropping . If I can get the female to have babies, the first batch of gigas would probably range from $90-120(babies).

We will see how it works out, but the breeding project begins as soon as I get a definate male and silent stated his was definately a female.

Cheers
mario

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
total rip!!!!pwed. i wouldnt sell them more than $20 even if it hard to come by. man with 100 + babies you could sell 80%percent of them keep the rest and sell off your mother $$$$$$$ pwed

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i saw one sell for 600 a coulple years back at the Anaheim show. At the time i had no idea what it was, i just thought it was a big cool looking centipede. but hey at least its not gonna eat your wallet like one of thoes mutated morph ball pythons 15,000$ (complete B.S.) haha.

awesome pede.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
15,000???? you must be kidding me, thats wicked ass down payment on a evo lancer or a subaru impreza sti.... shhhhhhhhhhh

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
crashergs said:
If I can get the female to have babies, the first batch of gigas would probably range from $90-120(babies).

We will see how it works out, but the breeding project begins as soon as I get a definate male and silent stated his was definately a female.

Cheers
mario
Once you get to that stage I'll definitely chip in for at least one, more adults are gonna be needed initially to really have a good gene pool for captive breeding.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I applaud your efforts at breeding these beautiful giants, but I think there is some research you should do. PM some of the more experienced pede keepers and they'll tell you that it's not as easy as finding a male and forgetting the rubbers.

Check this thread out.

Now, bear in mind that I'd like to see these bred in the states just as much or maybe even more than you. I'm also not trying to insult your intelligence, general knowledge or skill with pedes.

However, centipedes are pretty difficult to breed. They're generally solitary by nature and their trysts are often by chance.

They have a tendancy to attack each other, and the babies have a tendancy to completely devour the mother. Centipedes are also notoriously difficult to sex.

Those are just a few of the hurdles. Some more knowledgable people (than I) replied in the thread I mentioned and I am by no means a myriapod expert so please check that out.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
MRL said:
You're already selling it?.....?
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=70011

Looks like it. Just what the hobby needs, another "dealer". :rolleyes:

Seriously, crashergs, were you planning to flip it for $50 this whole time? And if so, why bother? At least promise us you'll hang on to it for a week or two to make sure it doesn't die from stress. I wouldn't think shipping it twice in a week would be all that good for it. But hey, what do I know...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if you get a male and ever try to breed them i volunteer my services to help break them up if things get hectic :)

i want to hold one of these so bad :)

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i spoke to mr angeli over the phone last night, he said hes tried breeding giganteas as well as his buddies (in an idealistic enviroment where gigas live) and they just bit eachother... he kind of made me think about it so I might have to cancel on the breeding if several people tried and have lost a giga, oh an i need the money :)

HOWEVER, if caco decides to seperate two gigas combating eachother, then its a different story... If i dont find a giga within couple days time, im selling her.

:razz:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Considering it took this long for the original seller to.. well.. sell it, good luck getting even more and profiting from it. Makes no sense specially after making a thread like this.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D

it doesnt matter, if someone buys him for 400.00 then good, if not then it doesnt matter, itll give me a reason to buy another one when the pomona reptile show comes along next month. it goes both ways, dont worry about it. oh damn i forgot to put it in the penny saver and the recycler, you reminded me! cheers.

buy it now and you will recieve a free subscription to time weekly and 1 month free of dvd rentals!!!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just...I can't even...yeah. I'll have to reply later. They're probably gonna end up locking this.

:wall:

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
crashergs said:
it doesnt matter, if someone buys him for 400.00 then good, if not then it doesnt matter, itll give me a reason to buy another one when the pomona reptile show comes along next month. it goes both ways, dont worry about it. oh damn i forgot to put it in the penny saver and the recycler, you reminded me! cheers.
You know what, I'm not even going to bother. It's obvious you care more about what kind of money you can make with them, and you're certainly not the first one we've had here who though they were an expert in 6 months.

Have fun with your bugs... don't be surprised if people suddenly stop selling to you if you continue to advertise that you're a jobber.

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not even going to begin to explain how bad I feel right now.:wall: It looks like our friend crashhergs is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I want to apologize to everyone who reads this and to all pede enthusiasts. I am sorry I sold such a gem to an undeserving piece of (work). At this point, I would have rather given her away to someone who actually cared for the well being of this specimen. I feel like a complete a-hole now. Now I know why you wanted to keep my identity a 'secret', because you would have a better chance of selling her for $2500 if people didn't know you bought her for $350. I wish I can say more, but hey, I got dooped. Let's all have a round of applause for crashergs.:clap:

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
SilentMercury said:
I am not even going to begin to explain how bad I feel right now.:wall: It looks like our friend crashhergs is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I want to apologize to everyone who reads this and to all pede enthusiasts. I am sorry I sold such a gem to an undeserving piece of (work). At this point, I would have rather given her away to someone who actually cared for the well being of this specimen. I feel like a complete a-hole now. Now I know why you wanted to keep my identity a 'secret', because you would have a better chance of selling her for $2500 if people didn't know you bought her for $350. I wish I can say more, but hey, I got dooped. Let's all have a round of applause for crashergs.:clap:
Try not to take it too hard... people can be anything they want to be online, unfortunately. Just take comfort in the fact that, while he technically didn't do anything wrong, his actions speak far louder than we can as to why what he did/is doing is not "right". C'est la vie...

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not going to bother posting a long ramble about how people like you are everything that's wrong with the invert hobby, or how it's morally reprehensible to buy a rare species just to make a quick buck, or even bothering with the inevitable personal attacks from other jealous hobbiests on the boards who would be able to care for the thing and wouldn't DARE risk shipping it twice in two weeks because of the likliehood of death.

No...I'm counting on the other board members to do all that. They will, trust me. They love their bugs. They respect them. They don't view them as toys.

Instead, I'm just going to give you one heads up. I will never buy anything from you, nor will I ever sell anything to you.

I don't really expect you to get all choked up over this post, though. I doubt you will care much.

Don't really much care about your reply, either. You are the first person to have the distinct honor of being on my ignore list.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
funny how his price is what 10X higher than he paid for it?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah whats up with that price?????? Over $2000 for a pede????? What have you been drinking LOL