My new Gigantea Robusta Prolly the only 1 in CALI

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wheeewwwwwww.... beautiful specimen, voracious, out of the container she nabbed an adult mouse that I use for feeding my monitor.

Anywhere id like to show you guys what she looks like so here they are.

Cheeerrssss...

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow! Amazing looking specimen, I hope I can add one to my collection one day, nice pictures too. Doesn't look like it will need to eat again for a while though.

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one... she`s laying underground for a month:p Probably molt:)
Beautiful specie:) But remember it`s not a S. gigantea! it`s a S. sp 'gigantea robusta' ;)

Greg

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is yours male or female? im looking for a male since I know this one is a female, the previous owner had seen it lay eggs and ate them immediatley after.

out here in u.s as you know it, there few and far between, and trying to get one is alot of researching and contacting people till someone says (i know someone who knows someone who knows something that has a robusta, ill tell him your inquiring)....

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah crashergs Todd offered meh a suggestion price of my own it was a CB 2004 at 7'' and its neither sp but from peru i might be wrong, maybe you could get a companion for him/her....man thats like the third /fourth time ive seen some1 sell their Gigantea* Did you just get it!!!!

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
swatch where you viewing arachnoboards from lol, it shows your offline (nice exploit) :D

whoa youve seen that many available? well its time for me to catch the wagon before it leaves lol... do you know any numbers or email addresses I can contact to try to get a male?

your in fontana right?

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just todd (today) and krazy8's and man chris's pede freaking a monster its half a g tho. i'd buy only if 5 were in my grasp, i cant deal with the fact of searching all over the place makes meh nuts

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have no idea about sex:(
and I live in Europe, You in USA, it`s quite far away:p

Greg

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah it came in the mail today via USPS.... ill tell you, someone out there is definatley partying and eating at claim jumpers for the next 2 months while i keep this elusive giant hahaha

have you seen one in person? i was afraid to open box, and when i finally did 10 minutes later, im lile "wow, this is the infamous gigantea"

shes a healthy monster, nice n fat

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read in one caresheet that robusta is one of the most calm specie :)eek:). My specimen it`s very languid, lazy and slowly :)

Greg

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think the tiger pedes are, you can grab them and they really refuse to bite you, they just stick their hind legs up and try to scitter away.

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah i shove a food infont of theirs face (picky tigers) i get the same reactions.....very reluctant to bite.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i also have 1 of each ssp. they are both psyco the robusta very nasty,the Gigantea far beyond nasty:razz: everytime i open their plastic shoeboxes i have to be really careful,because they are always on the lookout when i open the tops to feed/water the robusta is around 8" the Gigantea is aound 10" and the good thing about them......their still growing:D sorry but i have no pics,no cam yet:(

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Someone really needs to start a captive breeding project with these in the states, I would do it myself if I could get my hands on them. There's definitely a lot of demand, based on how much people will pay for one. Crazy that one of the most impressive centipedes around is almost extinct in the US pet trade.

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
CopperInMyVeins said:
Someone really needs to start a captive breeding project with these in the states, I would do it myself if I could get my hands on them. There's definitely a lot of demand, based on how much people will pay for one. Crazy that one of the most impressive centipedes around is almost extinct in the US pet trade.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope in 10 years from now when I own a house I will be able to get another one, cuz damn I miss her already.:(