My new GBB

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just acquired a Green bottle blue yesterday... Beautiful plummage... sorry that's the Norwegian blue :)

In my 2.5 Gallon tank, I have only one stick of cork bark. The GBB is webbing up a storm ! Really cool looking BTW. If a put a couple of sticks in there will it help it " web up " ? Or will I never see it in a sea of webs ?

Any suggestions ?

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good choice of T!! Any pics? Anyways, if you add more sticks, yes, its going to probably get webbed up, so you'll see less of it, and feeding it will be a hassle with crickets and such hiding under webbing... I've gone through various setups, and the one I have now, I enjoy the most, its pretty much bare except for its water in a bottle cap, and one small plant in the middle of the cage. That way, it has been webbing up the plant, but leaving little web corridors all around it. Its cool, mayhaps I shall show a pic later.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sure it will be just fine, keep it on the dry side and enjoy, very hardy and easy spider to keep...

Regards, Mike

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wouldn't the flash on my camera freak it out ? I'd love to take a pic, but I think I'll let in settle in before I stress it out .

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are all different. Mine really hasn't ever reacted to photos, which is great. Other people touch the lid of the enclosure and they do a little speed burst away...

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice choice! I have heard they are fairly docile but I don't handle mind because there's too much room for an accident. Mine takes off at the sound of a wet fart but I still like her. :)

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is an easy setup for you..... overhead shot of the layout, and a sideshot of the tunnel its got going...

And on a side note, just caught my rosea drinking, had to share! :)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanx for the great pics !

My GBB ( Jeri or Jerry... not sure which yet. Thought I'd go for a gender inclusive name and worry about spelling later ) Has webbed up a whole mat in the tank, but has settled well. I'll post a pic next week. I'll try to get a pic of it feeding ! Looking forward to seeing it's " happy dance "

Mr.Scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations, I love GBBs. Looking forward to pictures too.

MikeB

Arachnopeon
great pic

I just moved my GBB up to a bigger cage today. Put a small half log in it, but may try the plant, I like the look of the tunnel.:clap:

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aah - cool spider - she'll web it all up anyway, no matter what you put in there, or don't - might take her a while, but she'll cover it all in the end... :) mine's been doing her webbing since 2nd instar, she's 4th now and still it gets bigger every day... bless em... on the plus side, it is chaotic enough that they usually leave gaping holes through which to see them, and they do hang out on it, rather than hide all the time...

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes

Like the last man mentioned, they're prone to elaborate webbing, but they're never just a "pet web". Great choice (a bit rare now, of course, too). Mine's skittish, but certainly not aggressive.

Last edited:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's in pre-moult right now. I'll post a pic or two once it shows its new colours... I can't wait to see how it looks !

CodeJACK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
RARE ?

Oh no, are stock dropping fo these little dudes?

I was gonna get another soon.

Does anyone here breed em regularly as i know its supposed to be tough?

CodeJACK

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RARE ?

Oh no, are stock dropping fo these little dudes?

I was gonna get another soon.

Does anyone here breed em regularly as i know its supposed to be tough?

CodeJACK
i should have another sac dropping sometimes this year. not becoming rare, they are just rare to find slings at the moment. no worries!:D

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aah - cool spider - she'll web it all up anyway, no matter what you put in there, or don't - might take her a while, but she'll cover it all in the end... :) mine's been doing her webbing since 2nd instar, she's 4th now and still it gets bigger every day... bless em... on the plus side, it is chaotic enough that they usually leave gaping holes through which to see them, and they do hang out on it, rather than hide all the time...
Its quite true, I am going to take a pic when I get home, same top view as before, but 24 days later...... quite a difference.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here you go.... Before and after shots.... not as dramatic as I thought, but an improvement anyway.......

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here you go.... Before and after shots.... not as dramatic as I thought, but an improvement anyway.......
It might not use it, but you might want to consider providing a hide. Since others are providing a pic of theirs I guess I'll toss in one of mine :)

It will probably create its own hide out of webbing but you should still provide one.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its made its own, in the second pic you see it poking out, thats its entrance. I have provided it with one in the past but it wasn't really used at all, just to climb on really. Thanks though!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are beautiful!!! I finally got another one not to long ago and its just a tiny little sling, but still webbing like nuts, I can't wait until it gets bigger and gets some color.