My new GBB

SkortchGT

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
I had a g. rosia years ago and always wanted another t. Just got this girl in yesterday, she already started webbing a little bit over night. The enclosure is a little big for her right now (5 gallon so it's like a mansion) but she seems content. She has been spending most of her time getting used to her knew home, exploring & walking around. I attached some pics of her & the enclosure. I named her Echo :)

I think Tokendog is a member on this board, he hooked me up with this t through someone he knows, I think he might be a member of this board.

Anyway, just though I'd say hi. :)

Kevin

Attachments

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome SkortchGT. :) I was going to invite you over but forgot to. This is a great place for information. If I don't know, then someone on this forum definitely will.

Be careful - this hobby can be addicting. :)

SkortchGT

Arachnopeon
Congrats, one of my favorite species!
Thanks!

Welcome SkortchGT. :) I was going to invite you over but forgot to. This is a great place for information. If I don't know, then someone on this forum definitely will.

Be careful - this hobby can be addicting. :)
Thanks :) I already am thinking about another one, good thing Amber isn't a member here lol.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome, Skortch. Great species you picked out, i certainly enjoy my GBB. :) The enclosure is a bit big, but she'll grow into it, and you won't have to worry about rehousing her, lol.

mikebannon

Arachnopeon
Is that mulch as the bedding??. correct me if i am wrong but isnt mulch bad substrate fot a T? either way killer C. cyaneopubescens i got a liitle sling cant wait till it gets bigger!{D Good luck!

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that mulch as the bedding??. correct me if i am wrong but isnt mulch bad substrate fot a T? either way killer C. cyaneopubescens i got a liitle sling cant wait till it gets bigger!{D Good luck!
Looks more like dried cocofiber to me.

Welcom and congrats on the new addition, GBBs are great.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Yeah looks like coco fiber to me too. And I really want a tank like that btw! Amy have to learn how to work with acrylic ;)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the GBB fan club - I love mine, always have - great webber, great to handle, lovely to look at, and a ferocious hunter ... and I love the way he behaves when he's in pre-molt - my other Ts just ignore their food and I remove it - Honeybee rares back like a raging stallion, stares down the offending cricket and taunts it as if to say, "Now DON'T MAKE ME MAD!!!" Subtle little thing, isn't he? {D{D (He's in pre-molt now - can't wait to see him when he changes his costume!)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Post script ... late last night I found Honeybee busy laying down webbing and I thought, "Okay, tonight's the night!"

This morning, there he was, freshly molted and munching on his former self - I left him alone, although I really wanted to remove the molt and set it up before it hardened too much - but I had to leave for work and I didn't want to bother him ... we'll see - if the photo op is good enough, I'll post pictures ..

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Treasure them... my MF died for unknown reasons the other day. I'm still grieving and wearing black.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Savour that nicely decorated enclosure while you can. Once that T gets going you'll have a tank full of webbing! (which IMO looks much more beautiful than our efforts to decorate their homes :D)

I only have one sub-adult female at the moment and she's one of my favorites.

Welcome to the boards Skortch :).

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Savour that nicely decorated enclosure while you can. Once that T gets going you'll have a tank full of webbing! (which IMO looks much more beautiful than our efforts to decorate their homes :D)

I only have one sub-adult female at the moment and she's one of my favorites.

Welcome to the boards Skortch :).
I agree! That's the reason I got my GBB and my P chordatus, and also my OBT which should ship out Monday. Love those heavy webbers!