My new ethmostigmus rubripes (Vince) going to molt?

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Hi guys,

Well, excellent news for you guys who probably knew about my late ethmostigmus rubripes (Bob) who died of old age about a week ago and probably heard that I had caught a new one on the very same day as Bobs death. I have got my new centipede settled in and tried feeding it but it wasn’t hungry. Then only today, exactly a week after I had obtained it, it’s colours had gone more pale than usual and the exoskeleton appeared crippled and waxy. I’ve put plenty of humidity and water in its cage and removed any live prey from inside it’s cage.

MillipedeTrain

Arachnosquire
So what’s your question??? Are you asking us if we think it’s molting or are you just excited that it is going to molt? Lmao. I always get happy when I witness my inverts going about their day and all the little things things they do. They’re so relaxing to watch too. I call it watching live action discovery channel when I sit in front of my terrariums. I think one of the cutest things my giant millipedes do is when they group cuddle and interlock their bodies together around each other when they’re not even mating. They’re such social creatures but they all like to group up and sleep together. I think it’s so cute. So I can completely understand how excited you are over a simple invert life function. I always am when mine molt too!