My new emp; telson deformity,

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah, yes, the blood countess. Maybe.
I'm positive it's a female. Should've noted that for the naming ceremony.
I guess I should've remembered the mutant discrimination and all that. I guess mine is more a follower of Magneto than Xavier, eh?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
maybe it's just not an emp....??? I remember this thread back in the day.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The funny thing is she never really ate any of them. I just found them torn to pieces, never looked chewed up, though. So I guess Hannibal would only be appropriate for a cannibal.

Last edited:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a question for you all...

How do you think the subaculear tubercle evolved? Slowly with minor changes accumulating? or a rapid mutation that was favorable as a tool to that scorpion...then those genes were selected for because that scoripion (and ones like it) had better fitness and the genes rapidly moved to fixation in that population, changing and becoming the subaculear tubercle we see today?

This is how evolution works!

Chris

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a question for you all...

How do you think the subaculear tubercle evolved? Slowly with minor changes accumulating? or a rapid mutation that was favorable as a tool to that scorpion...then those genes were selected for because that scoripion (and ones like it) had better fitness and the genes rapidly moved to fixation in that population, changing and becoming the subaculear tubercle we see today?

This is how evolution works!

Chris
Yes, yes, I took Evolution, ecology and biodiversity too.

I've heard someone else suggest that it may be due to an injury and the subsequent molt does this. But perhaps we are seeing the beginnings of a subacular "tooth" becoming present in this species. I never have understood the purpose of it, though.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mark Newton had a good theory on SAT, maybe he will come in here and share. But I believe it has something to do with being able to climb better or move debris out of the way. Most of the scorps that have SAT do not burrow.