My new Chilobrachys.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone, got a question about my Chilobrachys, I got her on Sunday and rehoused her in to a nice big tub (pictures below) now since Sunday she hasn't realy burrowed, she went in to the pre-made burrow I made but didn't dig any deeper, she did make a second exit and closed the original one with dirt and webbing. Also she didn't web much at all, some webbing at some points but nothing compared to what I see in pictures, nothing connects. Could it be her tub is to big/not enough anchor points for her webbing? Or is it just a matter of time? In one of the pictures you see her at the bottom of a 32 oz deli cup for size image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Ok so, give her more time or give her a smaller enclosure?

The enclosure is that big because I thought she was bigger when I got her then when I had her in de deli cup I realized the tub might be a bit big, that's why I started this threat

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ok so, give her more time or give her a smaller enclosure?

The enclosure is that big because I thought she was bigger when I got her then when I had her in de deli cup I realized the tub might be a bit big, that's why I started this threat
Well, I'm not a fan of big enclosures, but issues like that belongs only to my personal views of care. Anyway genus Chilobrachys (and talking about adult 0.1 specimens) aren't that "sized" for my size standards.

I will wait, being you. No reason for a re-house.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Nice looking enclosure but it's definitely too big for her. She'll only use maybe a quarter of that space, and it can make finding food harder.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This looks like a sp. "Electric Blue"? If so, then I hope you have a decent amount of substrate. Burrowers usually take a bit to settle in, I wouldn't worry. I'd add more webbing anchor points, though. Bamboo skewers work very well.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Ahaa!
Chilobrachys species are a fickle lot. Some burrow quickly, others can take weeks to dig. Its really up to the individual as to "when or if" it decides. I've an AF C. fimbriatus that hasn't burrowed in the least bit, 8" of unused substrate. Also, had a C. huahini live her last few years in an arboreal setup. Would find her webbing all the way to the top in the wee morning hours. Just to say, not every Chilobrachys is going to burrow, there are exceptions to the norm. My sp. Kaeng Krachan and andersoni have all dug burrows, guess they are "normal". Lol!
I, personally, would use a smaller enclosure. Not because of feeding, but a rather large area for it to explore and get acclimated to. Just my 2 cents.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Hey thx everyone,

No she isn't sp. Electrick blue but discolus "Vietnam blue"

She had about 6 to 7 inches to dig but I am gonna place her in a smaller enclosure an critter keeper that has smaller Floor space but enough room for digging.

Again thx everyone!!

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hey she is in her new enclosure now, here a couple of pics.

1 of her enclosure, 1 of her in the enclosure (really seems this one is a better size) and 1 close up of her where you see her pretty colours.

Let me know what you think.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
looks nice, if that's one of those critter keepers I would cover up part of the lid so there isn't too much ventilation or else the cage will dry out too fast.

beautiful colors BTW!

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
looks nice, if that's one of those critter keepers I would cover up part of the lid so there isn't too much ventilation or else the cage will dry out too fast.

beautiful colors BTW!
Thx! Yes that is one of those critter keepers. Ok I will cover up a part of the lid!

Yeah I love her Colors and she is only small still, cant wait to see her as an adult