My new Chilobrachys sp. electric blue

STi

Arachnopeon
Thought I would share a little vid of my male taking a cricket. I just missed the female taking hers down. They're both under 3" and the blue in the video is a little more exaggerated because I'm using my cell phone. I picked the pair up from EDED and I'm truely honored to have such beautiful T's in my care.

Matabuey

Arachnosquire
I have seen pics but I haven't researched the sp. at all...

I don't know man... IMO that electric blue is enough to make them gorgeous in my book..
Ohhhh.

From what I've seen the colouration is more prominent as adults than juvies.

Comparing the pic I linked, to this video:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I'll be getting mine tomorrow how do you keep yours?

Deep substrate, water dish? And mist the top of the substrate and the sides??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm a die hard Chilobrachys fan... this is beyond being on my wish list. This is on my need list. Congrats mate!

STi

Arachnopeon
I'll be getting mine tomorrow how do you keep yours?

Deep substrate, water dish? And mist the top of the substrate and the sides??
I have heard they're actually quite hardy. I don't want to risk trying to change too many things around though so I keep them line most Chilobrachys. Several inches of substrate, no water dish atm but the sub adults I have will get some when I rehouse next(coming up soon. Will try to snap some pictures for you all). I mist whenever the top few inches start to look dry. They're doing well, and I see them out quite a bit now. Congrats on yours, I'm loving them so far.

STi

Arachnopeon
I'm a die hard Chilobrachys fan... this is beyond being on my wish list. This is on my need list. Congrats mate!
Thank you, it's definitely a good genus. Saw your post in the pick one thread haha. I'm a sucker for blue T's so when I saw these, I just about lost my mind.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Thought I would share a little vid of my male taking a cricket. I just missed the female taking hers down. They're both under 3" and the blue in the video is a little more exaggerated because I'm using my cell phone. I picked the pair up from EDED and I'm truely honored to have such beautiful T's in my care.

May I ask, how much these T's sell for?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
By chance how large do they get as adults if anyone knows ?

STi

Arachnopeon
I finally got a molt that the female didn't keep down in her burrow. Just in case anyone wanted to see I took some shots of the spermatheca. Her molt measured about 5" diagonal leg span and her spermatheca is looking a bit darkened.

and took a shot of her in her freshly molted beauty.

STi

Arachnopeon
By chance how large do they get as adults if anyone knows ?
Don't know how big they get but I'm estimating my female to be about 5 1/2" so far. Just like other Chilobrachys, they are very leggy.