My new buddy.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got an unsexed (but I think male) Brachypelma smithi over the weekend for a pretty good price. :D
Thought I'd share, and maybe get a couple of opinions on the gender.

I already absolutely love it. The calmest tarantula I've ever had! This is my first smithi, but I see more in my future after this fella.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
I'll go first I guess. I'm going to say male, although I'm not much of an expert on these things without a fresh molt to look at. I hope I'm wrong though. Awesome looking B. Smithi non-the-less. :) Me

seezilla

Arachnopeon
I want one!! ;) That's a BEAUTIFUL B. smithi. And I'm a newb, so take this with a grain of salt, but I also say male. He's so beautiful! I can't wait to get one. Have to wait until after the holidays though! :drool:

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks all. Hopefully I have a little while with this guy before he hooks out.
Unfortunately I don't think a mature female will fit into my budget before then (IDK maybe tax time?), so this guy will be sent out into the world to sow his oats. I want to enjoy him while I can though. I definitely want a few slings! ;)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'll add in my two cents as male as well. judging by the pics, he's got to be a pretty decent sized boy, whats the DLS?

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i'll add in my two cents as male as well. judging by the pics, he's got to be a pretty decent sized boy, whats the DLS?
I'd say about 3.5 to 4 inches. Maybe a little less. He isn't far from his ultimate molt. One or two more and he should be mature.

He'll be in the classifieds when this happens. I sure wouldn't want him to go to waste. I'm just going to enjoy him until then.