My new Brachypelma annitha shows a weird and dangerous climbing behavior. What can I do?

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Pull the humidity gauge and smash it with a hammer.

Problem solved.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Pull the humidity gauge and smash it with a hammer.

Problem solved.
Hahahahahahahahajaja

Better to put the enclosure in the oven and leave it for some time, you will have a crunchy partner and a dry substrate.

It's measuring your house humidity. Here in Basque Country atm whe have 89% of humidity in the air. That's why I choose high humidity species. But in example I keep the Pulchra drier, if someone is thinking about
😉👌🏻, but that's me, the mushrooms guy 🤣🤣🤣

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Nah, don't smash it. Leave it in, just don't get stressed over the numbers. As in "Not at all". It's in the category "nice to have" for an occasional check if, say, the temperature in the tank is way below 20°C for longer periods of time. Which is when you should raise the room temperature a little bit.

That tiny plant alone won't raise the in-tank humidity to extreme levels. So it's more like what others already said - the gauge is (more or less) reflecting the ambient humidity in your room, plus what is evaporating from the substrate. You would not believe how long that stuff can take till it's "bone-dry", especially in your tank, which has limited cross-ventilation. Just keep the water dish full, and occasionally water your plant (no misting). Your spider will be fine.

Gobbo

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much for all your help!!

You may have saved my Ts life an I hope, that she will have it better now :)