My new Borneo Short-Tailed Python

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Check out my new Borneo! I got her on Oct 25 and she weighed in at 103g. She's a normal x marble and was born June 6. I don't know what to name her yet..

Out of the 3 females I picked from, she was the smallest (only slightly) but had the nicest patterns/colours. I'm hoping that her size when young doesn't dictate her adult size cuz I want a big fat girl lol I'm gonna start her on a 6 day feeding cycle with rat fuzzies/pups.

Already a little stocky at her size

She has such doofus eyes!

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i love their pattern but i hate the short fat body type.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice snake, and pictures! What are you shooting with?

jere000

Arachnosquire
Nice animal definitely fun to work with if they're anything like my blood was:D.Just be careful with the feeding, blood pythons are prone to obesity in captivity.

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry for all the late replies!!!

Dyn, I love them because of their short fat bodies haha girth of a giant without the size.

Novak, I usually shoot with a D300 but my dad took it to china for a couple weeks so I was shooting with a D40 and 17-55/2.8 for those pics.

jere, I've heard of their tempers but this one has been a real sweetie. I'm handling her for a few minutes about 2-3 times a week to condition her to be used to human interaction. I actually had a BCI that was way more nervous (snapped at me once) than my borneo : P I guess it depends on the individual.

jere000

Arachnosquire
I didn't mean they were aggressive.For the most part they're not anymore.The reason they have that reputation I think is because they're just recently being bred a good amount.Before most of them were imported and a little bit more than grumpy now most of them are CB so aggression is not that big of a problem.

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah mine's CB : ) And she's a borneo.. They're supposed to be nicer than the bloods. I hope to pick up a couple albino bloods in the future though to start a project. There's not many people working with short tails in Canada at the moment..

jere000

Arachnosquire
Yeah mine's CB : ) And she's a borneo.. They're supposed to be nicer than the bloods. I hope to pick up a couple albino bloods in the future though to start a project. There's not many people working with short tails in Canada at the moment..
Nice post pics if or when you get them.Have you seen the caramel albino borneos.:drool: