My new babies

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got three more slings in the post today, and I charged up my camera batteries ready, so here's some pics. Two of them were a lot smaller than I was expecting tho so they kind of look the same, lol.

1cm (0.5") Lasiodora parahybana. I was so excited about this one as it's my first 'monster' T. Not monster as in evil, just BIG and HUNGRY.

Well, maybe not so BIG right now ;)

1cm Aconthoscurria geniculata. This guy gave me a bit of a spook as he decided to run for the hills as soon as I got him out his shipping vial. I got him in his pot and he started doing laps. He stopped for about 0.3 seconds and I got this pic. He's calmed down a bit now. I love how even tho it's so tiny you can already start to see the stripes on the legs :D

Finally, 4cm (1.5") Poecilotheria regalis. I thought it would be the same size as the other two so I prepared a pot the same size as theirs, but it's much bigger, so I think I'm going to have to move it into something a bit bigger. I am already in love with Pokies this guy has such pretty markings. I can't wait to see it's proper adult colours.

This is my first Pokie. How humid do I need to keep it? I dampened the substrate a little before putting him in. Should I just wet it once a week or so?

And just a pic of one of the B. smithi slings I got on Monday. I fed them all the other day but this is the only one I saw eat. He had his head stuck in the locust chunk for 12 hours and I had to shoo him off it to take it out so he's all fat now :D The next day his abdomen had gone a bit dark, does it look llike he's gone into pre-molt? I've never seen a sling this small in pre-molt before so don't really know what it looks like.

Didn't bother taking pics of the other B. smithi as they're all the same size so they all look identical. And my B. emilia has totally buried itself :rolleyes:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and very nice and cute ;) :) they are to good luck to you and them :) baby ( t ) :clap: :clap: --- phil

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And my B. emilia has totally buried itself :rolleyes:
I take back the sarcastic eye-rolling, its un-buried itself :D And I came up with a name for it today.

Darwin, 2" emilia

I've named the Pokie 'Frenzy' cos of how quick it can move and just cos it's a fun word to say. The others are all still nameless.

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ooooo I like that Emilia alot, my two are tiny, much tinier than any of yours, and judging by the comments on some of the threads they are going to stay tiny a lonnnnnnnngggg time.

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Smof, The AES show is Saturday 18th October at Kempton racecourse. 11am - 4.30pm. £3 adult entry.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cute babies you got there Smof.:D

My little, little ones will turn almost black right before they molt. I'm talking 24 hours or less. Good luck.