My new B. albo has laid an egg sac!!!!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm not sure if i would like to leave the eggsac to hatch with mama if it was my first eggsac.
Taking the eggsac out and hatch it keeps all the slings together and easier to care for and rehome once they are bigger. I have zero experience with this, but i like things more organized,and trying to find 900/1000 slings in mommas enclosure seems like quite the task...

Leila

Arachnobaron
I'm not sure if i would like to leave the eggsac to hatch with mama if it was my first eggsac.
Taking the eggsac out and hatch it keeps all the slings together and easier to care for and rehome once they are bigger. I have zero experience with this, but i like things more organized,and trying to find 900/1000 slings in mommas enclosure seems like quite the task...
I am open to all suggestions.
I have no idea what I would do or even think without you all. Lol. Can you imagine if I just said, "meh...forget about it..I am so not researching this or asking questions" at my 2-3 month mark of keeping Ts? I would possibly wake up one day with an infestation of babies in my house. Omg! :rofl:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yeah it wouldn't make sense for someone to spend the large amounts of cash to import them, only to pair a female with a hobby male.
One thing that continues to boggle me is this: if they spent the money for the imports and housed a male and fem together, why would they then sell the potentiially gravid female? Would they not desire slings that would bring them more profit? Or maybe they already had so many on their hands and simply said, 'whatever'?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
One thing that continues to boggle me is this: if they spent the money for the imports and housed a male and fem together, why would they then sell the potentiially gravid female? Would they not desire slings that would bring them more profit? Or maybe they already had so many on their hands and simply said, 'whatever'?
Whatever happened, I don't think they thought it through and didn't expect her to be gravid. It sounds like they housed two Ts together simply to save room and without thinking what the outcome would be (ie one eats the other or one gets gravid).

Either way, good luck with your sac! I gotta say, I'm a bit jealous!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
housed a male and fem together
:rofl: I will never not laugh at the lack of common sense of some people. Especially people who work with animals...God. In a way it's funny, and in a way I'm really disappointed with other members of my species.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
well, what I'm afraid of is basically this:

as opposed to this:
The first vid made me lmao. I kept thinking, 'wait for it, waaait for it".
I thought for sure that the mama spider was going to tag him. Poor thing was so emaciated from brooding.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The first vid made me lmao. I kept thinking, 'wait for it, waaait for it".
I thought for sure that the mama spider was going to tag him. Poor thing was so emaciated from brooding.
Yes, she was. Which only adds to me not feeling comfortable with letting the eggs hatch with mom. If you take the sac you can give her a nice big fat dubia immediately after.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If they were imported WC Ts (which I would guess she is) then they likely didn't know what sex the Ts were when they came in. When collected, a lot of time, they will just pack and ship them without bothering to try to sex them. By the time they get to a dealer they might have been temp housed together several times. The dealer gets them and sorts/sex them and you get a gravid female.

That or the female could have been gravid when she was caught. She waited till she was not stressed and settled into a good environment to lay her sack.

The seller would have no way of knowing if the females he was selling was gravid or not.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Ugh...
I have bad news..I am so bummed right now :'(

Zoe's egg sac is no more. I saw her out of her barricaded burrow this morning, and it seems like she has eaten the sac. Darn...I was so excited to have teensy weensy babies and to have been able to have experienced such a fascinating process of nature...

A huge thanks to @Exoskeleton Invertebrates @cold blood @Andrea82. @Paiige @crone and so many more of you for all of the encouragement, support, and help you lended me and lil Zoe. (I know I need to tag more of you, but I have very limited time to type this message right now.)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Ugh...
I have bad news..I am so bummed right now :'(

Zoe's egg sac is no more. I saw her out of her barricaded burrow this morning, and it seems like she has eaten the sac. Darn...I was so excited to have teensy weensy babies and to have been able to have experienced such a fascinating process of nature...

A huge thanks to @Exoskeleton Invertebrates @cold blood @Andrea82. @Paiige @crone and so many more of you for all of the encouragement, support, and help you lended me and lil Zoe. (I know I need to tag more of you, but I have very limited time to type this message right now.)
Well, at least that takes some pressure off of you. In a way, you now have exactly what you paid for/expected. Certainly not your fault.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Well, at least that takes some pressure off of you. In a way, you now have exactly what you paid for/expected. Certainly not your fault.
I meant to tag you too! :)
I am still sad about it though. I did not mind the extra responsibilities

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Awww that's too bad, it may have been a dud sack after all (not sure that's the right terminology,),,, at least momma is doing well and healthy

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Sorry for the loss on the sac. This does happen some (or at least I have seen it in other threads before). At least you did learn some things about breeding and will be closer when/if you decide to do it later.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Maybe it was a ghost sac, or the babies were dead. I'm sorry. I was looking forward to having a couple of those little stinkers.
You absolutely would have been given some freebies, friend

Sana

Arachnoprince
Her eating the egg sac is really too bad. Don't worry though you'll get your chance.