My New Avic. avic. Hobby Lobby Enclosure

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Made this enclosure for my new Avic. avic. It is made from a Hooby Lobby display case. 20161015_222309.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Looks good, but a more zoomed out pic would give a better idea of the setup. Also, wat are you using as a waterdish? On the picture it looks a little as though you are using gel for water?

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Looks good, but a more zoomed out pic would give a better idea of the setup. Also, wat are you using as a waterdish? On the picture it looks a little as though you are using gel for water?
Defiantly not gel for water. The dish is half of a plastic toy top from the dollar store. I may need a deeper one. Here some additional pictures. DSCN7902.JPG DSCN7903.JPG

Caseypm

Arachnopeon
I house practically all my Ts in those hobby lobby containers. Just rehoused my P. Regalis in one of the larger ones and she's digging it.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Defiantly not gel for water. The dish is half of a plastic toy top from the dollar store. I may need a deeper one. Here some additional pictures. View attachment 222590 View attachment 222591

Nice Sam, really nice. When you open the door on the Avic home, how far does it come down, 180 degrees, more or less etc? That's the only part that is holding me up. I want the door to come down all the way if possible, not stick out like a plank to serve as an Avic spring board to freedom ;)

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Nice Sam, really nice. When you open the door on the Avic home, how far does it come down, 180 degrees, more or less etc? That's the only part that is holding me up. I want the door to come down all the way if possible, not stick out like a plank to serve as an Avic spring board to freedom ;)
Here are some pictures of the ones I have made. You can get the door to come down most of the way if you do it right. I did not do a great job on the hinge for this current one so it has the spring board problem. You could always use my hingeless design where the door comes all the way off. BTW, if you are any good at sexing Avics., could you peek over at mine that I posted in the sexing section and let me know what you think? Thanks! IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.JPG

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here are some pictures of the ones I have made. You can get the door to come down most of the way if you do it right. I did not do a great job on the hinge for this current one so it has the spring board problem. You could always use my hingeless design where the door comes all the way off. BTW, if you are any good at sexing Avics., could you peek over at mine that I posted in the sexing section and let me know what you think? Thanks! View attachment 222679 View attachment 222680 View attachment 222681 View attachment 222682
Thanks, I like the first one, comes down enough for me. Plus, I'd be concerned I'd hit the door. I like to be up close to them.

I looked, I'm actually not a great ventral guy. I just do it by molts. I've been wrong by ventral (except Pokis), so I stick with what has never failed for me.

amchain

Arachnopeon
Here are some pictures of the ones I have made. You can get the door to come down most of the way if you do it right. I did not do a great job on the hinge for this current one so it has the spring board problem. You could always use my hingeless design where the door comes all the way off. BTW, if you are any good at sexing Avics., could you peek over at mine that I posted in the sexing section and let me know what you think? Thanks! View attachment 222679 View attachment 222680 View attachment 222681 View attachment 222682
What is the name of the small acrylic piece you used as a hinge? I was thinking of mounting it a a "sliding lock" of sorts.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
What is the name of the small acrylic piece you used as a hinge? I was thinking of mounting it a a "sliding lock" of sorts.
I am not sure what they are called, but they are purchased at a hardware store in the assorted hardware section. In my case, I purchased it at Lowes. They are in the draws with the acrylic bits. This particular piece is used for mounting mirrors.

I believe they are called mirror mount clips.

Last edited by a moderator: