Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

my new A.australis's telson

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by scorpion josh, Jun 6, 2008.

1. scorpion josh

scorpion josh Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Ok so i just got my new A.australis this morning and its is goergous.
    i fed him a cricket just a few minutes ago and got down clouse and noticed that his telson isn't like to a fine point... it looks almost as though he got the tip of it snipped off or something. its fairly long and he still used it like normal but i was just wondering if i was seeing thing or if this is possible/normal/life threating or what?

2. I had an emp who broke the tip of it's telson off, this could be the case for yours too. About it being life treatening... if you are seeing it catch and subdue it's prey then it will be okay, and since it it has no natural preditors in your care then no problem.,

3. crpy

crpy Arachnoking

Maybe your supplier snipped him? just a thought

4. scorpion josh

yeah thats what i was thinking maybe!?!?

has anyone ever heard of someone doing that?
    i know it was wild caught

5. bjaeger

bjaeger Arachnobaron

There was a thread about this and yes, some do clip the telson a bit.

6. kupo969

kupo969 Arachnoangel

Try feeding it average sized crix/roaches/w.e you feed and see if it takes it down easily. If not you may have to feed it smaller sized prey.

7. Malcara

Malcara Arachnoknight

Yes breeders and sellers do snip

I know of places that sell scorpions with snipped Aculeus' and I've seen scorpions with vesicles removed to make them non venomous. I would never buy from theses sellers. The removal or modification of the telson can injure and even be fatal to certain species.

8. scorpion josh

i will ask the man i got him from. if he says yes that will realy suck, he has a huge supply of over a dozen different species, i will find out and post back?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.