Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some really fast growth on these pedes...:D
When I got them...

Now:

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice! I'm jealous of your Chinese tiger legs, that's one species I've been after for a while

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
micheldied, how many time did they molt since you got them? did the tigerlegs molt yet?

my S. hardwickei molted once already, but they are growing a lot from that molt. i think that my tigerlegs are going to be molting soon, because they are all sitting on top of the surface instead of being bury... and they are all fat.

Canth, EMwhite and I have the tigerlegs for sale. you should check the classifieds.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for the heads up :) I've noticed, but I'm a little tapped out from buying my own little Orange and black jewels :p

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A couple of mine molted this morning (the substrate is a bit wet, I know):

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice shot! They look really cool freshly molted.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! I'm jealous of your Chinese tiger legs, that's one species I've been after for a while
Thanks!
I got them as freebies too!

micheldied, how many time did they molt since you got them? did the tigerlegs molt yet?

my S. hardwickei molted once already, but they are growing a lot from that molt. i think that my tigerlegs are going to be molting soon, because they are all sitting on top of the surface instead of being bury... and they are all fat.

Canth, EMwhite and I have the tigerlegs for sale. you should check the classifieds.
Uhm...... I didn't really count, but the tiger legs have molted at least 3 times in my care.
The hardwickei all molt at about the same rate, and almost always on the same day.
They've molted about 3-4 times as well, and yeah, they grow A LOT in one molt.
My tiger legs are always on the surface, the hardwickei hide a lot.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uhm...... I didn't really count, but the tiger legs have molted at least 3 times in my care.
The hardwickei all molt at about the same rate, and almost always on the same day.
They've molted about 3-4 times as well, and yeah, they grow A LOT in one molt.
My tiger legs are always on the surface, the hardwickei hide a lot.
My S. hardwickei all stay on the surface.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great shot, Gavin!:clap:
I never seem to be able to catch mine molt.
Thanks! Yeah, I checked on them last night and knew they were going to molt so I got up earlier this morning and one had just finished molting and the other (this one) was in the middle of it. Here's a pic of it eating the exuvium:

My S. hardwickei all stay on the surface.
Yeah, mine too.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The colors are just as bright right after a molt, pretty cool, thanks for the pics.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The colors are just as bright right after a molt, pretty cool, thanks for the pics.
Lol!!! no, the color is always like that. It's freakin' wicked! you should definitely get some.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol!!! no, the color is always like that. It's freakin' wicked! you should definitely get some.
Agreed!!!!
Mine stay mostly buried, except at night.

Gavin, nice pic once again!
Can't wait to see these guys at 8 inches.;P

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Yes, that's what I was stating, colors are usually dull right after a molt on other pedes but not with these going by the pics. Interesting to think, if you believe in evolution, of how or why the colors evolved this way. I wonder if it has set it's own warning colors or mimics a snake in the same area that is venomous, the pede is venomous so it doesn't have to imitate anything lol.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I wonder if it has set it's own warning colors or mimics a snake in the same area that is venomous, the pede is venomous so it doesn't have to imitate anything lol.
probarly warning,... but what about camouflage ? like a Bengal Tiger :? mine almost never go into the substrate or underneath corkbark,... always on top.

and they DO grow fast,...
i'm trying to raise some pedelings to go 10cm by the end of this year, i think it can be done :razz:

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, that's what I was stating, colors are usually dull right after a molt on other pedes but not with these going by the pics. Interesting to think, if you believe in evolution, of how or why the colors evolved this way. I wonder if it has set it's own warning colors or mimics a snake in the same area that is venomous, the pede is venomous so it doesn't have to imitate anything lol.
True about the pede itself being venomous, but it may be helpful to ward off predators so it wouldn't have to fight to begin with. There are plenty of snakes that are colorful, but dangerous.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
True about the pede itself being venomous, but it may be helpful to ward off predators so it wouldn't have to fight to begin with. There are plenty of snakes that are colorful, but dangerous.
Yes, this is what I was trying to say, maybe I'm doing a bad job today, maybe because I'm about to go out of town and don't want to:eek:

@Steven, ...Hmm, didn't think about that one because of the bright colors but it is true for myself that when I see some bright colored inverts and even something like a coral snake, at first it is pretty hard to see:?, kind of interesting about that.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've always wondered the same thing...
Not just with Hardwickei, but why do many Ts have such striking colors?
E.g. The blue on P. metallica and L. violaceopes, or the reds and blacks on brachypelma species.

probarly warning,... but what about camouflage ? like a Bengal Tiger :? mine almost never go into the substrate or underneath corkbark,... always on top.

and they DO grow fast,...
i'm trying to raise some pedelings to go 10cm by the end of this year, i think it can be done :razz:
2 of mine are almost always below the substrate, in little dens.
One ventures out more often.
Don't think 10cm by the end of the year should be a problem, yours are 7cm now, right?