My mum dropped my millipede will it be ok?

Bradley2

Arachnopeon
My mum wanted to hold my southern train millipede, so I thought sure as long as you really really careful but she dropped it onto a hard floor about 3 feet high and it didn't initially move but I put it back in its enclosure and it's trying to curl up but seems to be struggling, is it going to die? Like im proper panicking I really don't want it to die but I've heard falls can be fatal will it be ok? IMG_20220512_182323531.jpg

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
My mum wanted to hold my southern train millipede, so I thought sure as long as you really really careful but she dropped it onto a hard floor about 3 feet high and it didn't initially move but I put it back in its enclosure and it's trying to curl up but seems to be struggling, is it going to die? Like im proper panicking I really don't want it to die but I've heard falls can be fatal will it be ok? View attachment 418112
3 foot is quite a drop.
Cover it gently with some moss and leave it be.
Don't be tempted to keep checking it, just leave it be. It's up to mother nature now

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Yeah three feet onto a hard floor is pretty much worst case scenario. Hopefully it will recover but for now all you can do is wait and see.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Bradley2

Arachnopeon
So sorry for the late reply but my millipede has been hidden for a pretty long and has just come up to the surface and looks to be alright

spasskgirl

Arachnopeon
If it doesn't die immediately, according to Orin's book on millipedes, it may die later on due to a fall onto hard surface. I see this question asked a lot, but I don't see why you wouldn't keep caring for it in case it survives. Maintenance doesn't cost that much to throw it away only because of that chance of dying.