My MM G.rosea attempting post-ultimate molt

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
Carmello, my MM G.rosea who matured on 9-4-2011 (5 & 1/2 years ago!) just flipped over on a molting mat an hour ago. I have posted about him before. He eats about twice a year but drinks from his water dish regularly. I can't believe this day has come. Sure is gonna be hard to sleep tonight!! Wish him luck! 20170512_231149.jpg 20170512_230806.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Wow, five years mm...
I hope he makes it through...the odds aren't very good though.

creepa

Arachnoknight
I came home yesterday to a mm H. himalayana on his back..., i immediately put him in the freezer...

sasker

Arachnoprince
Just curious... what happens if a MM successfully molts? Will it still have tibial hooks and bulbous pedipalps?

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
RIP Carmello. You came into my life in October 2010 when I spotted you at a pet store for $15. I named you "Carmella", thinking you were female (pic taken Oct. 15, 2010) IMG_4396.JPG You became "Carmello" on Sept. 4, 2011 (pic taken Sept. 15, 2011) IMG_6613.JPG Now with tibial hooks, boxing gloves, a new name, and a shortened future, you were teaching me so much. You lived for 5 & 1/2 more years, much to my amazement. I never held you since you threw a threat posture every time I opened your enclosure to change your water or feed you. You flicked hairs at every disturbance. I figured one day I would look in your home and find you in a death curl, but imagine my delight last night when I found you attempting a post-ultimate molt! What a surprising son-of-a-gun, you salty little bastard... Stubborn until the end... Even in death you fascinate me. I notice you had a new set of spinnerets ready for your post-ultimate life. 20170513_104343.jpg 20170513_104907.jpg Sadly that was not to be. Glad to have known you, and thank you for being my first T. 20170513_104609.jpg RIP Carmello.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RIP Carmello. You came into my life in October 2010 when I spotted you at a pet store for $15. I named you "Carmella", thinking you were female (pic taken Oct. 15, 2010) View attachment 240121 You became "Carmello" on Sept. 4, 2011 (pic taken Sept. 15, 2011) View attachment 240122 Now with tibial hooks, boxing gloves, a new name, and a shortened future, you were teaching me so much. You lived for 5 & 1/2 more years, much to my amazement. I never held you since you threw a threat posture every time I opened your enclosure to change your water or feed you. You flicked hairs at every disturbance. I figured one day I would look in your home and find you in a death curl, but imagine my delight last night when I found you attempting a post-ultimate molt! What a surprising son-of-a-gun, you salty little bastard... Stubborn until the end... Even in death you fascinate me. I notice you had a new set of spinnerets ready for your post-ultimate life. View attachment 240123 View attachment 240124 Sadly that was not to be. Glad to have known you, and thank you for being my first T. View attachment 240125 RIP Carmello.
Those damned heroic males, RIP Carmello

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
RIP Carmello. You came into my life in October 2010 ... What a surprising son-of-a-gun, you salty little bastard... Stubborn until the end... Even in death you fascinate me. I notice you had a new set of spinnerets ready for your post-ultimate life. RIP Carmello.
Loved your tribute to such a special T. I know you'll miss him but what you have taken from your experience is simply beautiful! :)

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
RIP Carmello. You came into my life in October 2010 when I spotted you at a pet store for $15. I named you "Carmella", thinking you were female (pic taken Oct. 15, 2010) View attachment 240121 You became "Carmello" on Sept. 4, 2011 (pic taken Sept. 15, 2011) View attachment 240122 Now with tibial hooks, boxing gloves, a new name, and a shortened future, you were teaching me so much. You lived for 5 & 1/2 more years, much to my amazement. I never held you since you threw a threat posture every time I opened your enclosure to change your water or feed you. You flicked hairs at every disturbance. I figured one day I would look in your home and find you in a death curl, but imagine my delight last night when I found you attempting a post-ultimate molt! What a surprising son-of-a-gun, you salty little bastard... Stubborn until the end... Even in death you fascinate me. I notice you had a new set of spinnerets ready for your post-ultimate life. View attachment 240123 View attachment 240124 Sadly that was not to be. Glad to have known you, and thank you for being my first T. View attachment 240125 RIP Carmello.
This sweet tribute made me misty eyed, so sorry for your loss. He was a handsome man.