My mini desert in a box *picture heavy*

DreamWeaver8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Before I go into greater detail I do want to add that I have 2 different scorpion species living in here one being V. confusus and the other C. sculpturatus. With that being said I know some people here might have a problem with that and that's fine but I ask if you do have a problem with it to simply not post/reply because it's done, they are all living together, and that's not really going to change unless there is an emergency which in that case I DO have separate enclosures ready...

My mini desert "ecosystem" has 2 striped tailed devil scorpions (V. confusus 1male/1female), 4 Arizona bark scorpions (C. sculpturatus 2male/2female), and 2 black feigning death or tenab beetles. All species and individuals are about 1" body length or a little under. I've had this idea for awhile and finally decide to put it together after obtaining a few species that live within the same area naturally and because I was tired of looking at an empty enclosure. The enclosure itself is a 10 gallon (10"Dx12"Hx20"L) aquarium with a plastic divider running the length to help push potential borrowing to the visible sides because it was originally intended for a single H. arizonensis but has since obviously been modified. The substrate is about 85% sand and 15% clay I added some cocofiber to the low right side of enclosure to hold ground moisture to help promote the tenab beetles to lay eggs and larva. I tried to give each species there own "area" obviously I gave the C. sculpturatus places to climb in one section and in another the V. confusus places to hide under. I've had this set-up doing for about a week with close observation, there have been no signs of aggression between species I've even seen them walk right past each other a few times with no problems, although they do their own thing the vast majority of the time.

billrogers

Arachnoknight
That dinosaur though :rofl::rofl:

That looks great man! Hope it works out for you! Be sure to give us any updates!

DreamWeaver8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That dinosaur though :rofl::rofl:

That looks great man! Hope it works out for you! Be sure to give us any updates!
Thanks I found that guy and couldn't help myself... I'm waiting for one of the beetles to knock him over but he's been standing strong for over a week now. Updates will be a definite, I check up fairly frequently for anything so far so good:)

DreamWeaver8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just an update... Everybody is doing fine, except the dinosaur someone finally knocked him over, feeding all these guys is a blast to watch too! One or possibly both of my female C. sculpturatus are gravid as well so I'll probably be removing her into her own enclosure in the next day or two.