My millipede isn’t active anymore, is something wrong with her?

balddogtwoleg

Arachnopeon
i got a pet millipede a couple months ago, and she was at first active and was constantly exploring her enclosure. but recently she hasn’t been moving at all, if i pick her up she crawls all over my hand and is fine, but once i put her down she immediately stops moving. yesterday i watched her for an entire day on and off and she didn’t move at all. i have to put her on her food for her to eat it, otherwise she won’t find it. i don’t know what to do? her enclosure is fine, she has enough water and food, is this just normal millipede behavior?

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
If she is moving to different spots at night, this is normal because they are mostly nocturnal. What species is it? I find bumblebees spend a lot of time underground and come out at night, scarlets move a lot when it’s dark in their tank but mostly move around at night, and orthoporus spend most of their time on the surface and kinda move during the day but move some at night. If it spends all its time not moving at all and you are sure it doesn’t move around and go back to the same spot, that isn’t good. But, what you described like eating, moving, and getting moisture or water sounds normal.

balddogtwoleg

Arachnopeon
If she is moving to different spots at night, this is normal because they are mostly nocturnal. What species is it? I find bumblebees spend a lot of time underground and come out at night, scarlets move a lot when it’s dark in their tank but mostly move around at night, and orthoporus spend most of their time on the surface and kinda move during the day but move some at night. If it spends all its time not moving at all and you are sure it doesn’t move around and go back to the same spot, that isn’t good. But, what you described like eating, moving, and getting moisture or water sounds normal.
She’s an ivory. she moves around occasionally just not as much as she used to. she usually doesn’t move much at night either, usually i’ll wake up and she’ll be in the same spot where i left her.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
As long as she can eat. That probably isn’t good though. That species is usually active. How big is the millipede. If it was an adult when purchased, it could have parasites from being field collected.

balddogtwoleg

Arachnopeon
As long as she can eat. That probably isn’t good though. That species is usually active. How big is the millipede. If it was an adult when purchased, it could have parasites from being field collected.
i’m honestly not sure. she’s only about 2 inches long so i thought she was a juvenile, but she hasn’t molted in the few months i’ve had her so i’m not sure.