My Millipede collection

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
D7A1EAB0-5924-4235-B3C2-4BE3EE491D99.jpeg I have posted some of my millies in the gallery. But I thought I would open a thread that includes all of them. What’s in your collection?

Brachycybe Lecontii aka feather millipede. Mine seem to love lots of light and hanging out in the moss and ferns.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
69A6AAD4-0E19-42F0-ACFD-ABD2B8A200E7.jpeg Chicobolus spinigerus ivory
I love how these guys spend the majority of their time out in the open.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
86404CCC-C00F-483B-9A99-AA32DA43EA55.jpeg Albino Narceus Americanus
These guys hang out under a huge piece of bark in their tub.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
842BD660-AEA8-49C1-8220-871457521520.jpeg Abacion that I found at our lake house. I plan on looking for more in the spring.

davehuth

Arachnoknight
I've long wanted to find and keep Abacion! I've heard first hand reports from people who claim they're predatory, and will even take down smaller millipedes (like O. gracilis).

Criteria

Arachnopeon
That's a nice collection you have there.

I keep thinking about trying to find some of our native species here in the UK, maybe I'll go on the hunt this weekend.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I've long wanted to find and keep Abacion! I've heard first hand reports from people who claim they're predatory, and will even take down smaller millipedes (like O. gracilis).
I had no idea. I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight

I keep thinking about trying to find some of our native species here in the UK, maybe I'll go on the hunt this weekend.
I haven’t tried with the native flat back because I hear it’s difficult to keep them

AuroraLights

Arachnosquire

Good luck! :) I'm not sure how easy they'll be to find in this weather, they probably burrow down deep when it's cold. Actually, I think I heard somewhere that some of our native species might need a brumation period so that's something to think about if you keep them inside. Not sure if it's actually true though.

Criteria

Arachnopeon
Good luck! :) I'm not sure how easy they'll be to find in this weather, they probably burrow down deep when it's cold. Actually, I think I heard somewhere that some of our native species might need a brumation period so that's something to think about if you keep them inside. Not sure if it's actually true though.
That's a good point actually, I'll have to look into it further before I go hunting.