My millipede collection

Marika

Arachnoangel
I have previously posted some photos of my millipedes, but I thought I'd start my own thread :). I got my first pede 3 years ago and noticed that it's impossible to only have one :D

So, this is what I currently have in my collection.

Anadenobolus monilicornis. I bought 4 juveniles and now I have...well, a lot :D.

Anastreptus sp. These were sold as Anastreptus strongylotropis constrictus, but what I got are two different species. One of them has babies, I'm not sure which one, because I had them in the same tank at first and the pedelings are two small to be identified.

Aphistogoniulus hova. My very first pede was A. hova, he passed away a year ago. He's in the first pic. At the moment I have one adult female, a juvenile female and a bunch of pedelings.

Archispirostreptus gigas, adult female and pedelings :).

Arthrosphaera cf. brandtii. I know this is a risky species, but I also know these have been previously bred in captivity, so I decided to try. At the moment I have two of these, one of them I've had for over a year and the other for 5 months I think. One time I happened to see some courting behavior, so hopefully I have both sexes.

"Cameroon giant millipede". It was tiny when I got it, has grown a lot.

"Cameroon grey/cream stripe millipede". These two are probably adults now, but they are never on the surface, so I don't have any newer photos of them :D.

1.0 Centrobolus sp

Tons of Centrobolus splendidus :D. I started out with one female and two males. I thought I had separated all the males from the females, but I have new babies again...

Chicobolus spinigerus, one female, two males and tons of babies :).

2.0 Colossobolus giganteus

Dendrostreptus macracanthus
, juvenile male.

0.1 "Ghana blonde legged millipede"

1.0 Ophistreptus guineensis

1.1 Spirobolus walkeri. I'm so hoping these will breed.

0.2 Spirostreptidae sp 8. I love their color <3.

0.1 Spirostreptus gregorius

1.0 Spirostreptus cf. ibanda

0.1 "Tanzanian black yellow leg"

Last edited:

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A fantastic collection of millipedes! I echo the thoughts of many, I am sure, when I say that I wish we could have all of those in the US!

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Awesome collection am looking forward to getting more my self hope to have as large of a variaty as that some day beautiful pics to by the way very jealous

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
Amazing. I would be so happy if we had some of those in the US. How many different enclosures do you have?

Marika

Arachnoangel
There's something wrong with my C. giganteus.

First these yellowish areas were spreading and growing:

And now there's this:

I was thinking that it could be some sort of fungal infection? The one in the photos is the only one left now, the other one just died, even though he didn't look nearly as bad as this.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Pedes have been pretty active today and I got some new pics.

Spirostreptidae sp 8, this girl is one of my favorites.

"Cameroon grey/cream stripe", finally saw an adult on the surface!

Some C. spinigerus babies.

"Cameroon giant" juvenile.

A. cf. brandtii says hi.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I love your Spirostreptidae sp 8! I can see why she is your favorite. Wowzer!

Marika

Arachnoangel
She is beautiful <3. I just ordered two more :) I'm hoping I'll get a male, it would be so great to get pedelings.

nilo

Arachnopeon
There's something wrong with my C. giganteus.

I was thinking that it could be some sort of fungal infection? The one in the photos is the only one left now, the other one just died, even though he didn't look nearly as bad as this.
Hi Marika

I have this too. But i only have the white dots and they seem to be spreading and going all over my female colossobulus giganteus

Marika

Arachnoangel
Hi Marika

I have this too. But i only have the white dots and they seem to be spreading and going all over my female colossobulus giganteus
Hi nilo, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better. My pede still looks pretty much the same, and he's active and eating, so that's a good thing.