My Mexican red knee sling fell 3 feet will she live?

Joe crammer

Arachnopeon
My T got out of control and fell of my dresser which is 3 feet she is injured and limps but no blood or anything else what should I do? Will she live?

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hello

There is nothing you can do. Just hope for the best.

When dealing with Ts, I always put the enclosure on the floor before opening it. Fingers crossed your T will survive !

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
If the worst thing that happened is an injured leg or 2 you should consider yourself very lucky. If you don't see any hemolymph actively leaking out, then all you really need to do is make sure it has clean water to drink in case it has lost some blood and needs to rehydrate, then leave it in a quiet place to rest. It's impossible to say if there are any internal injuries that may be fatal, but let's hope not.

Just curious - how did it manage to get out of it's enclosure and fall? Are there any avenues of escape that you need to address?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Put the t somewhere safe n quite with water as previously stated n hope is all you can do....but I must admit I am curious too as to how things got "out of control " was it an escape that escalated or what I fear may be the answer a handling gone wrong?

jc55

Arachnoknight
Did the entire enclosure get knocked off the dresser or did the tarantula escape from its enclosure and fall?

Joe crammer

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your support and ideas when I was trying to feed her she jumped out of the container and fell off my dresser luckily she fell on the carpet. There is 0 blood and she has no other injuries besides her leg and she is doing much better now. She is only a sling.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you all for your support and ideas when I was trying to feed her she jumped out of the container and fell off my dresser luckily she fell on the carpet. There is 0 blood and she has no other injuries besides her leg and she is doing much better now. She is only a sling.
Being a sling is a better chance.

You should just leave prekilled meal worms for slings.

birdonfire

Arachnosquire
Internal damage can take a few months to be expressed. Keep an eye out for uncharacteristic behavior and take measures to avoid repeated husbandry mistakes.

jc55

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the clarification of what happened and glad that your tarantula is doing well other than the stated issue and hope all goes well moving forward and a lesson learned.