My massive MM Theraphosa Stirmi (formerly Burgundy)

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Love him. He's available for sale/trade, but no one in Canada seems to want him. Too bad I can't ship to the US.

I know he couldn't fully stretch out in this tank, and it's 9 inches wide. So I think hes pushing 11 inches. Yeah, he needs to be rehoused.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that a 2.5G tank?

If it is, whioch it very looks like, that tank is 12 Large, 6 wide and 8 tall..... ;)

Even a 5.5 Tank doesnt have a 9" with.

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
5g. Yes, he needs to be rehoused.

Forgot to mention, there's a quarter coin underneath his right front leg. Just for scale.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No offense, but I really doubt that is a 5.5G tank.

teamster6

Arachnopeon
looks like a five gallon tank to me. shoot a shot with a ruler ha ha

t6

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Edited. Here are the measurements. 16inches wide, 8 inches deep, 10 inches high. Not quite sure how that measures up in gallons.

2nd Edit: In which case, I stand corrected in my first estimate of an 11 inch leg span. The tank is 8 inches deep therefore hes probably pushing 10 easily, if I may.

Not to worry Fran. I'm quite certain the Theraphosa in your possession is still much larger. lol.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Edited. Here are the measurements. 16inches wide, 8 inches deep, 10 inches high. Not quite sure how that measures up in gallons.

2nd Edit: In which case, I stand corrected in my first estimate of an 11 inch leg span. The tank is 8 inches deep therefore hes probably pushing 10 easily, if I may.

Not to worry Fran. I'm quite certain the Theraphosa in your possession is still much larger. lol.
Is not that man, really. :) Is because if thats a 5.5G tank, then that means that that spider is around 12-13" DLS..Thats why I questioned it :).

Last edited:

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

5 1/2 gallon

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is not that man, really. :) Is because if thats a 5.5G tank, then that means that that spider is around 13" DLS..Thats way I questioned it :).
I know. I'm just poking around for some fun.

10 inches may be the length he can stretch from front to back. DLS may be a different story. If he dies on my hands, I'll measure him and take a photo. If it's 13 inches, I'm calling the Guiness Book of World Records.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For example :)

If thats a 5.5 G, then its 16" long.

If we stretch her out, she could probably reach those 2 blue "X" in the picture. Which means, she would be around -12" on a lineal measurement.
Put that on DLS, and you get another inch, at least.

Thats why I dont know what to think :)

Last edited:

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Took another photo of him. Tip of his 2nd from the front right leg (dont know the exact term) is right on the 6inch mark.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

For example :)

If thats a 5.5 G, then its 16" long.

If we stretch her out, she could probably reach those 2 blue "X" in the picture. Which means, she would be around -12" on a lineal measurement.
Put that on DLS, and you get another inch, at least.

Thats why I dont know what to think :)
If only it were a she. It's a male :(

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then she has around 3" body lenght.
Wouldnt this measurements make more sense?

Last edited:

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Abdomen plus carapace are quite close to 4 inches, and the tank is 8 inches wide, not 6.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Again, not looking to doubt you :), but pictures doesnt appear to agree with your measurements.

Anyway, would you take a pic with the lenght and the wide measured by a ruler? That would clarify the size of the T :)

Last edited:

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
However big it is. That spider makes the tank look small... :)

By the way Fran, that big LP female you sold me is molting right now.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Again, not looking to doubt you :), but pictures doesnt appear to agree with your measurements.

Anyway, would you take a pic with the lenght and the wide measured by a ruler? That would clarify the size of the T :)
ya got to figure that the ruler is a couple inches closer to the camera and measuring a photo is so not accurate!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I meant a ruler on the enclosure, Nicholo 85. On the width and the lenght

Anyway, on my experience on Theraphosa, in order to get a 10" measurement, normally you need at least a 4" + bodylenght, on a well fed but not extremely fat individual.
Thats on a female. On a male,normally they barely make 4" bodylenght (althought the legs are longer)

That T sems to me around 10" DLS , for what im seeing with the pictures and ruler.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Among the largest males I have seen, was recently one from Mark (Animal Magic) . He was 4" bodylenght with large legs,and he didnt make 11"

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In any way, I wish I could buy him. I would give him a great use with my females!

You should get a female youself!