my male Phlogiellus sp.

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi all,

just thought i'd show a pic of my male Phlogiellus sp.. can't imagine it's something you've seen too much of, don't get to see too many here..

he's such a handsome, social and friendly fella... this guy makes me almost forget that our aussie t's are reknown for their 'boring' appearance... =D
pretty much permanently living out in the open these days, not even fussed by me opening the lid... he's also my closest thing to an arboreal tarantula lately, sitting in the top corner of his tank waiting to get out for over 6 hours at a time sometimes.. he's quite a good climber, but eventually falls down when he tries to get out too much.. it's unfortunately taking a toll on his good looks as the hairs on his abdomen are wearing thin due to falling on his ass all the time. ah well not much i can do at the moment for him.. still waiting on an availabe female..

his enclosure is covered in a thin layer of silk, every single bit of floor area, and i think it's just from his 'safety line' when constantly wandering as i've never seen him web up properly. it's really cool. even over his water bowl is silked from walking across it. hard to get a photo of it though as the silk is too thin and is not showing up... he's on a mat of silk in that above pic but you can't tell.

anyways, thats my lil guy, whos not all that little, but is all legs. hes a great spider and i highly recommend him to everyone.. go and pick one up at your local spider shop today. ah i wish....

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Gethin, he's beautiful! I love the rosey color on his carapace. He's got quite a subtle beauty about him, I love it!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is a cool looking spider Gethin. Thanks for sharing :clap: :clap:

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
very nice. colorwise right up my alley. i like rosies and aphonopelmas (the "another brown t" tarantulas). well i want a black t next... but this one is tempting.
dianne

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow..very nice!
So, are you saying he's not that defensive, for an Aussie T?
Could you actually handle him?
I'm impatiently waiting for the day we can order these along with all the others :)

Chironex

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G'day Inked,
I think you'll find he will go nuts when you introduce a female, even if its across the room, he'll get a wiff and BOOM!!!
If he is always trying to escape and is depressed he might be hungry for love but cant get any :).

Last edited: