My Little Guy Passed Today

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
After getting ready for work today I had T maintenance to do, (water, feeding some and enclosure inspections).

My little male P. audax who has been such a joy for me was laying lifeless in his little water dish.

I found him end of January this year. He matured pretty quick in my care. Was hoping he made it to at least the end of the year.

I know they have a very short lifespan but still sucks. I was really attached to him.

Unlike tarantulas jumpers do observe you quite a bit. I never handled mine which is just natural for me.

I think Thursdays just suck in general. Had to deal with the loss of him only to come into work and start off with an absolute 💩 day. Think a small glass of rum after work at home is on my menu.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
After getting ready for work today I had T maintenance to do, (water, feeding some and enclosure inspections).

My little male P. audax who has been such a joy for me was laying lifeless in his little water dish.

I found him end of January this year. He matured pretty quick in my care. Was hoping he made it to at least the end of the year.

I know they have a very short lifespan but still sucks. I was really attached to him.

Unlike tarantulas jumpers do observe you quite a bit. I never handled mine which is just natural for me.

I think Thursdays just suck in general. Had to deal with the loss of him only to come into work and start off with an absolute 💩 day. Think a small glass of rum after work at home is on my menu.
rip .. sorry for your loss .
Ouch I never see them around here often enough I used to catch them . It’s like they vanished …

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
rip .. sorry for your loss .
Ouch I never see them around here often enough I used to catch them . It’s like they vanished …
Thank you

Here in Illinois I rarely ever see them anymore. He was special, never expected to find one end of January.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Thank you

Here in Illinois I rarely ever see them anymore. He was special, never expected to find one end of January.
Must be pesticides I live in the city , I can’t find any spiders unless I hunt under logs and stuff . Which I don’t bother hunting them anymore .. there babies are too small for me to raise lol .. occasionally I’ll see an orb weaver but those are rarer and rarer each year .

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I, too, am sorry for your loss. It's easy to get attached quickly to those we take into our care.