My Little Escape Artist

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For the past two years my tokay gecko lived in the gallon with an ordinary lid with no problems. About a month ago she learned how to push up the lid and get out. After she was back in her enclosure I bought some metal clamps made for aquariums, and with in a week she had gotten out. Finally I decided to upgrade her to a Critter Cage with a sliding/locking lid. The other day I notice that shes once agian missing and the sliding lid is 1/2" open, and realize that I must have somehow left it open. Anyway she was hiding where she alwasy does, behind the fridge. Now as I was walking into the pet room I see my tokay squezing out of her tank! She some how figured out how to first push up the top, over the built in clamp and then slid it over just enough for her to get out. Yet now she is finally LOCKED in safe and secure. ~ Rex

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My tokay is like that too. But this one prefers to hide inside cabinets.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been thinking about getting one and have heard that they are escape artists, but dang i didn't know they are that good

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm almost afraid to declare this... but my Tokay doesn't get out of his tank. I only have one of those velcro type tank covers, too.

..now watch... tonight, I'll go in to feed him and he'll be running around somewhere in my house instead. ;P

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm almost afraid to declare this... but my Tokay doesn't get out of his tank. I only have one of those velcro type tank covers, too.
Well, I would suggest getting some kind of secure clamps, but it took mine over two years to figure out how to escape just a regular screen top, so you don't need to worry to much.

I have been thinking about getting one and have heard that they are escape artists, but dang i didn't know they are that good
Hope you'll still consider these for your next addition, they really are amazing geckos. Most people won't tell you that if you take the time and handle them, they will tame down. ~ Rex

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hope you'll still consider these for your next addition, they really are amazing geckos. Most people won't tell you that if you take the time and handle them, they will tame down. ~ Rex
I still want one, but can't have it. have have been told by my grandfather that i have enough pets and don't need any more. All i have is two cats, and a G. Rosea