My lil jumpers

8 legged

Arachnoprince
...but what is really a frustrating disadvantage: you raise the little ones and they die.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Love jumpers
...but what is really a frustrating disadvantage: you raise the little ones and they die.
This is why I stopped keeping them at least for now (I'm sure i will get more eventually). You get attached to them then they die. I raised one huge female for almost 2 years that was absolutely stunning (P. otiosus grey form). For the amount of effort, time and space i just wish they lived longer.

alienqueen

Arachnopeon
This is why I stopped keeping them at least for now (I'm sure i will get more eventually). You get attached to them then they die. I raised one huge female for almost 2 years that was absolutely stunning (P. otiosus grey form). For the amount of effort, time and space i just wish they lived longer.
Its the same thing with most rodents like hamsters, mice, etc. I guess ill have to view them as the “hamsters” of the spider world.... small, furry and cute but not long lived 🤷‍♀️

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Its the same thing with most rodents like hamsters, mice, etc. I guess ill have to view them as the “hamsters” of the spider world.... small, furry and cute but not long lived 🤷‍♀️
Unfortunately so. I've never kept hamsters but when i found out they only live less than 3 years on average i was actually surprised.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unfortunately so. I've never kept hamsters but when i found out they only live less than 3 years on average i was actually surprised.
If you look across the animal kingdom, generally there's a trend, animals that produce a lot of progeny are short lived. Oddly, some Ts are the exception to this "rule".