my latest enclosure - P rufilata

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
just thought i'd share this.
managed to get this for a bargain - exo terra 18 x 18 x 24"(h) for about $47!

it's for a hobby night that i host - and we've been dying to try out a larger arboreal setup with live plants.

the hide is a hollow 'trunk' made up of 2 pieces of driftwood.
biggest T we had on hand was a 5" immature male P rufilata.

especially liked these 'airpots' my mates came up with - using the bark to make pots for the plants.

hopefully the plants will crawl down and forward, towards the light.
unfortunately the lil blighter has taken an unhealthy interest in the upper right 'pot and i suspect will make it his home.

didn't budge when i watered the plants earlier... but it's early days yet.

Last edited:

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
i know.

but we didn't have anything bigger (T-wise that is) LOL

i was DYING to drop some serious cash for a 10" P ornata female, but it's the best we could do for now.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i know.

but we didn't have anything bigger (T-wise that is) LOL

i was DYING to drop some serious cash for a 10" P ornata female, but it's the best we could do for now.
Then save the enclosure for a T that could really utilize the space. It'd just be too much for your current choice of T.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't think it's to bad. I picked up the same sized exo terra for $5. Am buying a 3" Pslam to put in there until my P. Ornata is large enough, eventually your pokie will grow as well :). Although I'm using the tank to experiment with making a foam backgroun, so a lot of the space will be taken up.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think it's too much. If the t' is eating properly, and drinking I dont see the problem... It's a pretty enclosure although i'd like a background in it... made of cork bark or somethign else. hehe

Although if you'd like something to appreciate the space maybe a couple anoles or a small gecko.

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
i'd like to give it a few weeks to see how it goes

Then save the enclosure for a T that could really utilize the space. It'd just be too much for your current choice of T.
if the little guy has trouble feeding (doubt it, i tong feed) or starts behaving like it's stressed i'll downgrade him to something else. or try adding more to the enclosure to reduce space.

i'd like to find out where he'd go, what maintenance challenges are, feeding/ watering problems if any and how it reacts to the plants.

observe. record. correct.

<edit> and yup - i get the background thing. we had it on hand but decided to do without. i dunno about backgrounds. i see em. i like a lot of enclosures with em. but this will be the centerpiece of a room, so i wanted an unrestricted, 360 view available.

thanks for the input guys.