My l Stria does'nt response to my feeding

Buboy

Arachnopeon
My l Striatipes have attempt to eat baby mealworms about an hours ago but then she refuse when she finds out it is larger than her then i replace it with dubia roaches smaller than her and she does'nt response to it what should i do? Thankyouu

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean that you feed the L. striatus a small mealworm (that it ate) and then tried again within a few hours with a larger food item that the tarantula didn't eat?

Buboy

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean that you feed the L. striatus a small mealworm (that it ate) and then tried again within a few hours with a larger food item that the tarantula didn't eat?
No sir sorry my english speaking is not fluent but i mean is she ignored the small dubia roach i gave to her when she almost eat the mealworm but got scared away thankyou

Have you tried cutting the mealworms into smaller pieces?
No not yet but i gave her small dubia but she refuse to eat

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
No not yet but i gave her small dubia but she refuse to eat
I would recommend prekilling the food items and leaving them in there overnight for the tarantula to scavenge on.
Not eating for a few days/weeks (sometimes months) is completely normal for tarantulas

Buboy

Arachnopeon
T
I would recommend prekilling the food items and leaving them in there overnight for the tarantula to scavenge on.
Not eating for a few days/weeks (sometimes months) is completely normal for tarantulas
Thankyouu i did that just a couple of hours ago

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Pre-kill the feeders first. Chop them into small pieces if need be. Also, those holes look a bit big. If they are larger than the carapace, they can squeeze through.

Buboy

Arachnopeon
Pre-kill the feeders first. Chop them into small pieces if need be. Also, those holes look a bit big. If they are larger than the carapace, they can squeeze through.
Thankyouu