My Ivories

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That. Is. Epic.

Easily the awesomest Chicobolus spinigerus setup I've seen. How many do you think you've got in there?

You are really tempting me to try again with Ivories...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
How many do you think you've got in there?
Ivories are the best!
And, oh it's hard to say, I think maybe 10 full-grown, around 20ish of the ones that look like mini-adults, and I've seen a few babies but those guys mostly stay buried.
My Halloween guy (girl?) just became that big. I hope I get more of those.

I also keep my Apeuthes sp. in there since they seem to like climbing around too.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Wowza. Very impressive.

How many Apeuthes do you have?
Better question, just out of curiosity: how many millipede species do you have?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
My ivories are my success story, other than them I have:
6 Apeuthes sp., but I bought them all,
6 adult Spiro. Sp 1,
A tank full of Trigoniulus corallinus and what I suspect are some Spiro Sp. 1 babies... time will tell,
Lots of Anadenobolus monilicornis, in with my green treefrog,
5 A. gigas, but only 1 adult,
2 brown, 2 gold Orthoporus ornatus,
A lonely male Dendrostreptus macracanthus, I need to find someone that sells these guys, I am currently working on a similar style vivarium for him,
A single surviving N. americanus and female philippine blue.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
You have some really nice variations there. I can’t wait to get my Chicobolus spinigerus rainbow and salmon in next week. I really enjoy how they like to climb around.

davehuth

Arachnoknight
Just want to add my congratulations for keeping a healthy group of Ivories in a really striking display enclosure. Is it just the Ivories in thee, or are you keeping other inverts with them?

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
Just want to add my congratulations for keeping a healthy group of Ivories in a really striking display enclosure. Is it just the Ivories in thee, or are you keeping other inverts with them?
I also have one harlequin flower beetle in there somewhere and Ornate harvestmen. I love those harvestmen. I also want more harvestmen variety, especially Eumesosoma sp. and Metagryne bicolumnata.

davehuth

Arachnoknight
Nice. Don't forget Dalquestia formosa! I collected a large group of varied Leiobunum last summer, but was never able to get them to reproduce or live very long past the fall. I've thought for a long time that the hobby could use some more Harvestman knowledge.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Harvestman are like the final frontier of large arachnids that have yet to be kept, imported, or collected en masse for the average exotic lover. Which is probably a good thing because the average exotic lover is not the most well-prepared of enthusiasts to be keeping and developing care information to share with others.

I'd love to get some Vonones ornata to sate my desire till something else becomes available.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I'd love to get some Vonones ornata to sate my desire till something else becomes available.
I had so many, at one point, that I was just giving them away.
If you remind me around March, I'm sure we can work something out.