My isopod colony extremely out of control please give me some advice.

Sockroach

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,ı bought 16 P.Laevis Dair Cow before 6-8 month ago, but now i have nearly 500-600 of them i seperate them to the 3 different big plastic enclosures,1 of them with Hissing Cockroach bioactive colony one of them only isopods and the other one with Julidae Millipedes. I just wanna downgrade their population i gave some of them to the people who likes them but nothing changes they are still breeding like crazy and its like someone open a portal to the between hell and my house and they coming from that portal like army of hell. What should ı do guys ? Thanks all :)

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
İ cannot sell them becouse no one interested in the isopods in my country :(
Then you'll need to euthanize them. I don't know the regulations/accepted practices where you are, but in the US veterinary sanctioned methods are often impractical (AVMA Guidelines here). I have been told that university Institutional Review Boards routinely approve freezing in household-type freezers for euthanizing insects.

Whatever you do, do not release them into the wild.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Choose the size of container for the size of colony you want. Feed them a set quantity of food. Do nothing else. They'll control their own colony size. That's one of the good things about woodlice.

You have too many because you didn't let them sort it out and kept adding them to new enclosures. Porcellio species tend to be especially protein hungry, so I wouldn't recommend putting them with other invertebrates, especially millipedes.

Sockroach

Arachnopeon
Use them as feeder insects.
Can i feed the tarantula with isopods ?
Then you'll need to euthanize them. I don't know the regulations/accepted practices where you are, but in the US veterinary sanctioned methods are often impractical (AVMA Guidelines here). I have been told that university Institutional Review Boards routinely approve freezing in household-type freezers for euthanizing insects.

Whatever you do, do not release them into the wild.
Thank you man i never release animals to the wild i can take my responsibility and cull them but never release them to the wild :)
Choose the size of container for the size of colony you want. Feed them a set quantity of food. Do nothing else. They'll control their own colony size. That's one of the good things about woodlice.

You have too many because you didn't let them sort it out and kept adding them to new enclosures. Porcellio species tend to be especially protein hungry, so I wouldn't recommend putting them with other invertebrates, especially millipedes.
Wow this is very nice. So they control their colony size, and its about the size of the enclosure and how often i give them food right ? İ dont have a problem isopods with hissing cockroach colony i feed them with protein and calcium rich foods im worry about the other two colonies :D
Thanks for all answers i appreciate it :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Dial down on what you feed them and cull them in the freezer, large booming colonies are typical of Porcellio laevis "Dairy Cow"s. They are beyond prolific. Or sell them to a local pet store as feeders or starter colonies to people, but you need to look whhhat the laws and regulations are in your country.