My inverts.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Tried to get some pics of this lass (Rhombodera basalis) Saturday but I was met with a full on threat display so I left her alone. She's alot more shy than the Hierodula I had.

Give me your best "Blue Steel".

Bailz

Arachnopeon
Amazing.

I've been bitten by the UK version of the Water Bugs, Greater Waterboatman....and that hurt more than enough.

Thinking about getting a Mantid again. and both the species you displayed are ones i'm interested in (more so now) :D.

Good to hear a local accent too. Hope thee' and thaz's pet creatures are reet!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Amazing.

I've been bitten by the UK version of the Water Bugs, Greater Waterboatman....and that hurt more than enough.

Thinking about getting a Mantid again. and both the species you displayed are ones i'm interested in (more so now) :D.

Good to hear a local accent too. Hope thee' and thaz's pet creatures are reet!
Aye, supposedly the giant water bug bite is really painful so sod that. Fantastic to keep though.

This mantis I have now has been an adult for 6.5 months so don't think she'll be around for too much longer sadly.

Bailz

Arachnopeon
Aye, supposedly the giant water bug bite is really painful so sod that. Fantastic to keep though.

This mantis I have now has been an adult for 6.5 months so don't think she'll be around for too much longer sadly.
I bet. The remind me of the Water Scorpions i used to catch while my dad was fishing in the local ponds.

This is the thing that unfortunately leans me towards not keeping them; even though i think they are fascinating and interesting creatures. Such a shame but you can understand why their life-cycle is so short.

I feel daft now, but years ago was given some wrong information about how long Mantids lived when kept as a pet, and when they died i felt i'd failed the creature and the breeder, so i stopped keeping inverts...So stupid of me at the time really.

Years later i do more research and learned they'd just lived out their natural, short but interesting lives...

Those amazing pics of your Shield Mantis are making me realise i should keep another :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
I bet. The remind me of the Water Scorpions i used to catch while my dad was fishing in the local ponds.

This is the thing that unfortunately leans me towards not keeping them; even though i think they are fascinating and interesting creatures. Such a shame but you can understand why their life-cycle is so short.

I feel daft now, but years ago was given some wrong information about how long Mantids lived when kept as a pet, and when they died i felt i'd failed the creature and the breeder, so i stopped keeping inverts...So stupid of me at the time really.

Years later i do more research and learned they'd just lived out their natural, short but interesting lives...

Those amazing pics of your Shield Mantis are making me realise i should keep another :)
Definitely give them another go. They really are fascinating inverts.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Aah, this is making me nostalgic about all the mantids I had...Awesome pics and I should probably start keeping them again.