My hybrid boy matured

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My gorgeous little hybrid Brachy has just had his ultimate moult so I'm now feeling rather sad for him. He looks to be a cross of albop/vagans so is destined to live here alone without having the chance to breed. Poor wee guy. :(
He is very hansome and quite a feisty character so I hope this moult doesnt change him too much.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good lookin spider! but poor spider, he'll never have the chance to mate, i feel sorry for him

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He is quite the handsome feller!! Poor guy.

So that is what my gents might look like. :) He is pretty handsome!
Yip they could end up looking like this guy if you have the same cross. I will post up more pics in a few days or so once he has hardened up :)

good lookin spider! but poor spider, he'll never have the chance to mate, i feel sorry for him
Thanks. I think its going to be hard watching him wandering and looking for a female. Its such a shame.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
he's gonna die a virgin, too sad. hehe but at least even in a small way you could stop hybridizing. hehe

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
he's gonna die a virgin, too sad. hehe but at least even in a small way you could stop hybridizing. hehe
Yip its sad but I'm not into breeding hybrids and adding to the problem so he will have to stay lonely :(

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats's a good decision though. hehe how come people out of greed hybridize tarantulas and not thinking the negative effects that could happen. where did you get him btw?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thats's a good decision though. hehe how come people out of greed hybridize tarantulas and not thinking the negative effects that could happen. where did you get him btw?
Out of greed? How do you figure that greed it the main reason people have done this?:? I have done it and not made one cent.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

This little guy was left on my doorstep in April 07 as a 2 inch cutie so possibly came from a pet shop originally. I had no idea what he was but he looked similar to B. vagans until he moulted a couple of times and started showing some B. albop characteristics.

I dont think that hybridisation is always done out of greed. He could be the result of someone's ignorance or someone who is curious and just wanted to see if it was possible. There are a few hybrids out there and I think that when you get species that look very similar then someone who don't know enough to identify them breeds them. I dont think its always done for a bad reason. :)

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i guess so, but some people really hybridize them to make more good lookin spider and to boost up their sales, but i'm not concluding that all of them do it for greed. hehe:)

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those are some awesome pics, congrats for him
are there no t-rostitutes in existance.....:?

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
he really is gorgeous but im curious whats the big deal with making hybrids. I am new to the whole t thing so im curious. Is it just cause its less of a pure breed if that is the case isnt that kinda of nazi-esque? Moving on why is it that he will not be able to breed? Like i said i am not familiar

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
he really is gorgeous but im curious whats the big deal with making hybrids. I am new to the whole t thing so im curious. Is it just cause its less of a pure breed if that is the case isnt that kinda of nazi-esque? Moving on why is it that he will not be able to breed? Like i said i am not familiar
Use the search function on this topic. There are plenty of things to read on peoples opinions on this matter.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Personally I'm against hybrids but, I have to admit that hes quite impressive looking.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone :) He is gorgeous and a fabulous character. Quite feisty for a Brachy.

Yip, he was left on my doorstep in a little tub. He even had a note sayng "My mum doesn't like him. Can you look after him." so he stayed :D I usually rescue parrots lol.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
he really looks good! hehe not bad for a hybrid but i still don't like the idea of making hybrids.

but i wish someone would leave inverts at my doorstep hhahaha{D {D