My husband can sleep easy again...

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, so much for H. maculata having a problem with massive doses of insecticide - I found the escapee this morning, almost two weeks after escape - dead on the living room carpet from blunt force cat induced trama. One leg was ripped off and laying about 6 feet from the body, but neither cat appears to have tried to eat it which is wierd when you consider they wolf down any crickets they catch. So, now Ken can rest easy, the "dangerous man-killing monster spider" has been found and the threat neutralized. Poor thing looked so sad.

Gail

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaw I am So sorry for your loss.

I'm afraid I'll find Zevo in much the same way. :(

(hugs)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( That's about the saddest thing I've ever read! I'm SO sorry!

Cat hint: my cat is FASCINATED with my Ts. He is a very intelligent, very curious cat who analyzes everything. Each time he came near the T's homes, I gave him a good, heavy squirt with the mister bottle I mist my T's with. He seems to be learning, he moves farther and farther away each time it happens, but he STILL has to see what I'm doing with my T's. However, it works first-time-every-time with most cats.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
erkkk

I dont know what you think, but in a way i suppose its a 'better' outcome than that of finding the T feasting on your cat (especially if it was your husbands cat)

my cats seem way more fascinated with a tub of crickets than all the spiders put together

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
that really sucks i am sorry for your loss,i have three cats and i hope i never have to experiance one of my t's comming to that deadly fate i hope you are doing well with your loss and we all here feel for you,take care-jason

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Condolences

What a sad way to find your Maculata. That sounds like a bit too much for me......natural causes is one thing but......I can't even say it:(

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I appreciate all the kind replies - it actually was rather upsetting to find it like that even though I had actually tried to kill it with bug spray when I couldn't retrieve it from under the bathroom cupboard. (For those that missed the earlier post I HAD to do that because of my husband) It just would have been so much better to never have seen it again than to find it tortured to death - but it is better that the cats killed it than it biting one of the cats, especially my husbands special buddy Master Po who barely weighs 8 pounds. I think that maculata venom might have harmed him considerably considering his size and considering that if bitten it probably would have been on the nose when he was sniffing the spider.

Gail