My Heterometrus Longimanus Mating!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, congrats! Now the long wait untill the young are born...hope she gives you lot's of nice little babies.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, not longimanus but the chela look too stocky for spinifer I've seen, looks more like H. petersii. But it is such a mess with Heterometrus on the internet that I don't know anymore if what I have seen is spinifer either. I think there needs to be a closer look before it is said they are spinifer.

SandKing

Arachnosquire
Yeah, not longimanus but the chela look too stocky for spinifer I've seen, looks more like H. petersii. But it is such a mess with Heterometrus on the internet that I don't know anymore if what I have seen is spinifer either. I think there needs to be a closer look before it is said they are spinifer.
i agree.but it is much closer to say it's a spinifer than a longimanus.lol coz there's a lot of heterometrus sp. puffing of the net..:D
and he has no clearer picture of the sp.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All,

For your birthday/ christmas etc, ask for Frantisek Kovariks'book : Illustrated catalog of scorpions, Part I (Scorpionidae).....or buy it, but it is not cheap.....but you'll love it....

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
really not sure but looks heterometrus laoticus to me:)

Do you have a theory to support that statement? Even with this unsharp picture I think I can see granulations on the lateral side of the carapace, which would rule out H.laoticus....