my heterometrus longimanus just successfully molted

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
give them a few days for their exo to harden up.... i don't offer mine food for 5 to 7 days after after a moult

itsMEethenne

Arachnopeon
sir,

i new in the scorp world.. i have h.longimanus.. i am wondering what substrate should i set up in her tank..

any piece of advice will surely help.. thanks sir..

deadly_elegance

Arachnopeon
i new in the scorp world.. i have h.longimanus.. i am wondering what substrate should i set up in her tank..

any piece of advice will surely help.. thanks sir..
hi I'm also from the philipines also, try to buy cocopeat from any garden store, or garden section of any supermarket in your area, don't use soil from your garden it may have chemicals that may harm your H.longimanus. . .

pnutt

Arachnopeon
ok, mine molted a week ago, so i waited but when i try to feed it it runs away and hasn't been going into its burrow or hiding spot its just been sitting out in the open all day and night. Is this normal? because it is still not eating

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
Its normal, mine disnt eat For 1 - 2 weeks after its molt. Give it more time, it may just nt be hungry. For substrate i put 15cm or so of coco peat and it will burrow happily :).

llamastick

Arachnoknight
It's normal. Don't worry too much; starvation is pretty much the least concern for any scorpion. It'll eat when it's hungry.

And for the person who asked about substrate, coco fiber works great for all forest species. Mix it with sterile peat/soil if you like, but it's not necessary unless you have plants.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok, mine molted a week ago, so i waited but when i try to feed it it runs away and hasn't been going into its burrow or hiding spot its just been sitting out in the open all day and night. Is this normal? because it is still not eating
Surprised about some of the answers you are getting, OP. :rolleyes: The "non eating" is not something to worry about. It is definetly not normal for a scorpion to not use a hide/ burrow and stay in a corner, out in the open all day. That is THE sign that there is something wrong with the scorpion and the captive conditions (that's why I am surprised by the people that tell you everything is normal:?).

What is the temperature? Humiditylevels? Enough hides, not just one burrow? Enough substrate to dig in? The enclosure is not next to your incredible nifty speaker set of your audio system? No other things that can stress your animal? Brothers, sisters?

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
Its normal, mine disnt eat For 1 - 2 weeks after its molt. Give it more time, it may just nt be hungry. For substrate i put 15cm or so of coco peat and it will burrow happily :).
:wall: crap. Sorry about that pnutt! Wrong information! Let me try to save myself from my mistake here. I noticed last time with my baby H spinifer that it didnt burrow either and was walking about the enclosure with the lights on. I than realised it couldnt burrow because the substrate was too damp and packed down tightly and since its claws were too small, they were too weak to burrow(at least thats what i think) so i remove the baby and stirred up the substrate and loosened it and it eventually burrowed, besides what Michiel has mentioned, maybe ur substrate is too packed? Anyway, thats just my experience, other than that Michiel has stated many possibilities of stress causing reasons. Once again sorry about the wrong info, the feeding part shldn be a worry tho, once u remove the stress factors, it should settle down and start feeding, like mine :).

Last edited: