My heterometrus longimanus is not eating.

Jacedz

Arachnopeon
Do someone experienced something like mine? My scorp is gravid when I purchased her but since then, she haven't eaten her meal. She just drink water for almost 2 months. What should I do? I offered dubia and lateralis roaches but she ignored them. She's still very active but I'm still worried because of that.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Has she already given birth? I don't have experience with gravid Heterometrus but my Smeringurus mesaensis stopped eating for awhile before giving birth. It's also not uncommon for scorpions in general to go off food once they're well fed.

Jacedz

Arachnopeon
Has she already given birth? I don't have experience with gravid Heterometrus but my Smeringurus mesaensis stopped eating for awhile before giving birth. It's also not uncommon for scorpions in general to go off food once they're well fed.
Not yet. She haven't given birth. Do they have a certain kind of food they prefer? I offered dubia and lateralis but she just ignored them. She always aim for my fingers instead.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Do someone experienced something like mine? My scorp is gravid when I purchased her but since then, she haven't eaten her meal. She just drink water for almost 2 months. What should I do? I offered dubia and lateralis roaches but she ignored them. She's still very active but I'm still worried because of that.
Since you purchased her, can we see what her enclosure looks like ?

Guysak

Arachnosquire
I feed my
Not yet. She haven't given birth. Do they have a certain kind of food they prefer? I offered dubia and lateralis but she just ignored them. She always aim for my fingers instead.
My one likes crickets it pretty much leaves the roaches alone unless they bother her but crickets give them a try gut load of them first with calcium on there food to help her replenish what she is using on baby's .
But pic of tank would be good to c incase its lack something

Jacedz

Arachnopeon
I feed my

My one likes crickets it pretty much leaves the roaches alone unless they bother her but crickets give them a try gut load of them first with calcium on there food to help her replenish what she is using on baby's .

Attachments

Jacedz

Arachnopeon
I feed my

Guysak

Arachnosquire
I can tell you what I've done with my one and what I'd suggest but I don't pretend to be an expert or anything ok I'm sure over people have over ways . In my tank it's a bit longer than Ur one I've got a bit of flattish wood that is leaning at about 90 degrees as she likes climbing , I have a lower water dish and I have a narrow opening hid that looks like a log on its side for her to climb on too and the substrate is scorpion substrate by habistate I think it's called as Forest Asian Scorpions are more moisture dependent so I've seen and been told . I also have some moss in there to help keep the humidity up . IL try and get a pic from my girlfriend as I work away from home. But like I said I'm no expert but it could be looking for a place to hide that is more to her liking as they like to be in dark narrow hides all my scorpions do

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
@Jacedz Do you have your Heterometrus on wood shavings??? This enclosure is for a hamster, not a scorpion! Heterometrus needs deep moist soil or coco coir to burrow in, not this dry wood shavings! You need to change this immediately, for the health of your scorpion and her babies.

This may also explain why she refuses to eat, though fat scorpions will often go many months without food. Either way, this enclosure is a death sentence for scorpions.

Last edited:

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
@Jacedz Do you have your Heterometrus on wood shavings??? This enclosure is for a hamster, not a scorpion! Heterometrus needs deep moist soil or coco coir to burrow in, not this dry wood shavings! You need to change this immediately, for the health of your scorpion and her babies.

This may also explain why she refuses to eat, though fat scorpions will often go many months without food. Either way, this enclosure is a death sentence for scorpions.
Exactly what @Albireo Wulfbooper just quoted here. This is why I asked to see your enclosure... You need to change the substrate out and needs to be deep too and what temperature do you have it at ?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
And it's hibernation time for Asian scorps. Don't rouse themselves for a couple three months.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it can take many months for them to give birth. During this time they may not eat. They like to burrow so she needs to have moist (not wet) substrate to burrow into. She also will use a (shallow, not deep) water dish as big as her body so she can soak herself in it. Don't use those shavings, those are no good for scorpions.