my hesperus made a sac wwhen do i take it out

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
A tip for posting...Give a kind of vague title and ask your question in the actual post ;)

According to what I've read from people on here (ie. buthus, caco, etc) it doesn't matter when you take it. Just don't wait too long.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A tip for posting...Give a kind of vague title and ask your question in the actual post ;)
I actually kind of like bishopimaster's style. :)

According to what I've read from people on here (ie. buthus, caco, etc) it doesn't matter when you take it. Just don't wait too long.
The closer it gets to hatching, the darker it will get because of the slings molting inside. Taking it out too late (you could break it and they all come spilling out, or you let it hatch with the mother) is a MUCH bigger problem than taking it out too early (really not much problem with that). So don't wait -too- long after you notice it getting greyer.
Right?

blackbird939

Arachnopeon
I have several eggs. I let them hang with the mom until they noticeably change color. From white to grey/brown. Even a blind spider could see it change color ;)

I open them early, cause I am too anxious to see all the little tykes running around. Them it gets creepy when they get hungry and start to eye each other for dinner. I throw pinheads in there, but they seem to ignore them.. Good luck

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I remember when I first started keeping widows I had a system of opening up eggsacs and transferring individuals to separate vials. I did it over a black surface so that I could better see the potential escapees. Can someone say cumbersome!
I now let them hang with Mom as others have mentioned until I notice a color change. Sometimes I forget to pull them in which case I just pull Mom out and rehouse her.
I have had escapees but have never had any "entrench" themselves in my little garage/spider room/ hideaway;)