My Hadrurus arizonensis had babies help 😁

mellow

Arachnobaron
One of my Hadrurus arizonensis had around 15+ babies and I would like to know what you guys think I should do and when I should do it, also any tips on keeping baby Hadrurus arizonensis? 😃
IMG_20200811_200557462~2.jpg

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Awesome, congrats :D Can't help you though but I am interested to see the replies.

Best of luck :D

mellow

Arachnobaron
Ok so she decided to eat one of sixteen babies but all of the other fifteen babies walked off her back safely, I already carefully put each of the babies in their own enclosures and fed them all with pre killed crickets that i cut up. 😃

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Yeah I guess I have to experiment a little. lol 😃
Well I am sure that what you did was correct and if they are eating that is great. I was hoping for specifics like the conditions you need to keep them in, maybe give us (me) an update every once in a while? :D

mellow

Arachnobaron
Well I am sure that what you did was correct and if they are eating that is great. I was hoping for specifics like the conditions you need to keep them in, maybe give us (me) an update every once in a while? :D
Yeah for sure! I'll definitely keep updating! 😁 IMG_20200812_205707036.jpg

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Feeding whise give them what ever they can takedown. If that’s nothing you have if they’re still young i2/3 they may scavenge some prey. Keep them excatly like an adult Hadrurus sp. but when they come to moult I’d recommend as I do all arid species in one tiny corner of the enclosure spray it down a little to just increase the moisture in the enclosure to ensure the moult comes off fully.

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
All my current H. petersii 2i slings primarily feed on pre-killed crickets. They will on occasion go after the pinhead/1 week old crickets but they will clear a full small dead cricket in an evening - so we've stuck to that mostly. They are chubby little beasts and expect the next molt within a few weeks.

Grats on all the little ones! I'm sorting out what to do with 13 (gave a few away) little ones long term :)

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
thats good that you separated them from the mother... they're already at 2i so they have a better chance of surviving! They do have molting issues, so just follow the advice about water and humidity that others on here have mentioned! When they get bigger a bottle cap of water can go into the enclosure - they just need to be hydrated before they go through a molt.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Ok so three of them died of molting problems but I still have twelve that molted successfully! 😁

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Good luck, sorry I can’t be of more help. Not really a scorp guy.

What do you think you’ll do with the scorplings?

mellow

Arachnobaron
I
Good luck, sorry I can’t be of more help. Not really a scorp guy.

What do you think you’ll do with the scorplings?
I'm going to give half of them to my friend after they all molt again, and then I might sell some and keep a few. 😃