My H. Maculata ... Sigh....

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Will I ever see him again???? I have not seen him in at least 4 months. I know he is alive, I can tell dirt has been moved, roaches have disappeared, poop was on the side of the enclosure. Why do they have to be so secretive!! I even get up in the middle of the night with a flashlight and never can catch him. Are they always hidden like this or is mine just plain weird?

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Will I ever see him again???? I have not seen him in at least 4 months. I know he is alive, I can tell dirt has been moved, roaches have disappeared, poop was on the side of the enclosure. Why do they have to be so secretive!! I even get up in the middle of the night with a flashlight and never can catch him. Are they always hidden like this or is mine just plain weird?
What size is your H.mac? I -rarely- saw mine until it was 3" or so, now I see it a couple of times a week. It still teleports out of sight at the slightest breath or vibration but at least I know it's there. Very sketchy species but pretty when you see them