My Green Spotted Puffer died :(

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I had her for over 10 years. Got her as a young fish. Not sure how old. Damn I miss this fish. She was always there to greet me when I came in the room lol. Her name was "Spot" (clever right? :p).

Don't think I'll be getting another GSP anytime soon. Hearts still pretty sunk and she died last week. Glad I could give her a nice long life though.

R.I.P Spot! Hope your swimmin' among the corals wherever you may, destroying everything as you go.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Sympathies extended. But, 10 years? Sounds like you gave it your all. Reflect on that.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Always have empathy for someone e losing a pet. Sorry you lost her.
:(

Ran

Arachnoknight
Sorry for the loss :(...puffers have such inquisitive personalities!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm sure he is swimming in a shimmering lake in Valhalla pillaging the lakes of neighboring wolf fish from the lykoi clan only resting long enough to feast on the fins of Angelfish. Not even the Archer fish can slow his rampage!

Sorry for your loss.. I know it's really hard losing a pet that has been around for a decade.. Feel better!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Sorry for your loss. She has lived a great long life.
I am sure your set up was brackish, right?

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Thanks everyone! Yeah she was an old girl :).

Yes she was kept in brackish to full marine. From my research they travel between the two salinities so I went ahead and varied it up a bit. She probably could have been kept with coral but I'm sure she would have ate it like she ate everything. Night before she passed she had a good meal. Was just sudden.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Yes she was kept in brackish to full marine. From my research they travel between the two salinities so I went ahead and varied it up a bit.
As an addendum, you probably took steps the made her healthier and extended her life. Research on Steelhead and salmon has determined their transition between fresh, brackish and seawater dials up the immune system as well as greatly broadening it's scope.
(From a researcher, Telonicher Marine Labratories, Humboldt State University)